old dos text based game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
sdfg

old dos text based game

Post by sdfg »

I dont remember much about it, there was this mansion you had to explore, really really creepy game, if you died you could keep playing and you had to get some coins from your bodybag for the ferryman.... i never got very far but i think it was in a package with a game called "sam spade"
sdfg

Post by sdfg »

ok been looking thru the forums...thought id help out a little bit more... i'm pretty sure the text was red, and there may have been a map that was made using keyboard characters...you had to tell the computer how to do things in very basic verbs. i remember you needed a crowbar to get inside the main gate, and if you stayed outside too long some dogs would come and eat you. i didnt get very far because i didnt have a list of what commands i could tell the computer and i got frustrated. mostly id like to find the name of this game and find a FAQ for it somewhere so i can just read that and get some resolution lol
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

You sure it wasnt graphical / TEXT based

Sounds very much like last half of darkness however i could be wrong :/
sdfg

Post by sdfg »

no it wasnt last half of darkness. i saw a screenshot of that game. this game the graphics were so basic like a wall was just some x's

xxxxx something like this.
x x
x x
xxxxx

im starting to believe it was a game called "the phantom's revenge" but i cant find much info on that game so im not sure. i just remember if you werent inside when it got dark, the dogs ate you.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Seems you're looking for an ol'ASCII game.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

http://www.wurb.com/if/game/598 <-- The phantoms revenge
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

That's a full txt game Wally, me thinks he's looking more for something as:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
sdfg

Post by sdfg »

hmm, i cant get the game to work right now, but could anyone maybe provide a screenshot of the phantom's revenge?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Not much to see ..... full txt game.
:)