soundblaster

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Legoman

soundblaster

Post by Legoman »

can anyone find me a sound blaster driver file?
i looked al over the internet and cant find one. the driver file i am looking for is a sound blaster 16 file. it would really help if anyone can find it
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

http://www.soundblaster.com/support/
Best you can get if you don't give elaborate and specific info.
What SB card? ISA or PCI?
What OS?

And: google is your friend if you're looking for drivers.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Guated

Post by Guated »

there's usualy info on the soundblaster itself of what it is. You could google the info you find on the card.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Guated has a point there, but of course not everyone is looking happily forward to open his/her/its PC.

To get the needed info you can use AIDA32, it will give you full info about your PC hardware specs without having to dig out your precious SB card.
Freeware, of course, can get it@
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
legoman

Post by legoman »

well i tryed google but i still coudnt get my answer and my computer says its a sondblaster 16 or awe32 or pci (thats exactly what it says) and i have a windows xp.
legoman

Post by legoman »

oh and thanks for the website im gonna keep it as a shorcut thingy
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Think you need the lowest one:
Driver release for SB PCI 128 Vibra / PCI 16 (Models CT 481x & 4740) (4.20 MB )
SB PCI drivers
legoman

Post by legoman »

hey i tried that little program dosraider gave me a link to but i dont think it worked it said "no sound balster card found"
by the way heres the card information thats from the chip

Vibra 16
creative tech '94
ct2501-tbq

but the computer recognizes it as an awe32 or a pci or somewacko dakco shit but its a soundblaster. i also have a pentium 3 computer with a windows xp operating system. ill tyr any links that will work.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster
Has lot of info.
Also some links to driver software (scroll down).

That's a Vibra driver, but if it will work in XP ?
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/d ... erid=70667
legoman

Post by legoman »

dos raider you are a real help. these pictures on the site you gave me helped now i know the names
they are
Sound Blaster 16
Sound Blaster 32
(i had found the another soundblaster sound card but has same problem)
legoman

Post by legoman »

oh i also forgot to metion that the links worked and the program did but it would work but hten i would lose and now i cant get it installed anymore adn i dont hear saound coming
legoman

Post by legoman »

ok i feel real retarded i ment to say SoundBlaster awe32 adn a soundblaster vibra16 (i looked at the cards)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Try to completely uninstall the software and reinstall it.

Helps sometimes.

[EDIT]
Now that I think about it.
You said 'XP computer'. Does it has an onboard (mobo) soundchip also? If yes look in the BIOS setup if that one is disabled, and check also the config screen if XP 'hardware' doesn't list it as 'active'.
legoman

Post by legoman »

yea i tryed that worked but i still need soundblaster awe32 driver oh and yea that idea you said worked
legoman

Post by legoman »

umm dos radier i dont really know if i dl have it is there a way i can tell? or can you tel me where it is cause i still cant see it in the bios oh and about the sound cards my comp recognizes the soundblaster 16 but not the awe 32 and i think i mihgt need some help on that
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

The easiest would be that you bring your computer to Belgium.

"umm dos radier i dont really know if i dl have it is there a way i can tell?"
Sorry, could you translate this?

If your computer recognises a SB16 and not a AWE32 , maybe it is because it's an SB16 and not an AWE32?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Driverguide usually has a large range of drivers

www.driverguide.com

or http://update.microsoft.com should have them too (Not recommended by all costs)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Ahem, driverguide was already mentioned on page 1.
:P
And MS update only has the drivers that are already on the XP install disk, they don't 'upgrade' them anymore, SB16-AWE cards are considerated obsolete ourdays it seems. No wonder as all the modern mobos have an onboard soundchip.

Problem with those older SB cards is that even SB doesn't upgrade their drivers to work swell under XP/Vista. :(

They rather sell new ones. Costumer service here ya go .........
legoman

Post by legoman »

wally i need an account to get in to driver guide secondly i have two computers, one that has good internet aand one htat doenst
which means i use my little 256mb flash drive just to transfer some driver files fo rmy computer devices and what i menat by was how do i tell if i have the pci thingy?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

check the shape of the port inside the computer.

If the port is small and white its PCI

If the port is long and black its ISA