Got two great games on e-bay =)

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Got two great games on e-bay =)

Post by Dogbreath »

Last week I was searching e-bay, and found someone selling Ultima 8: Pagan and Anvil of Dawn, with only 12 minutes left on the bids. I placed a bid of $1.50(!) and got both of the games, which arrived in the mail yesterday.

Now I had thought with the dirt cheap offer I'd just be getting the CDs, but he sent not only the original CDs, but the player manuals, hint books, and even the installation cards for both games! (and an Ultima map)

I have yet to play Pagan, but I've been playing Anvil of Dawn a lot and it's been awesome. AoD has been one of my favorite RPGs for the past few years, but I had always played a ripped version of it, and I must say, it's 10 times better with the excellent voice acting and cinematics.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about getting these games. I'm posting this to encourage you guys to consider shopping online for old games before you resort to downloading a rip. You get the joy of personally owning the game, and oftentimes a lot of cool "hard" items (manuals, action figures, etc.). Plus, it's cheap as hell - you can't beat $1.50 US for two excellent games. :)
Last edited by Dogbreath on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

*Me has the original U8 multilanguage CD (box and whatnots) .... Was a birthday present, still have it.*
:D
You can lose plenty of time on that lovely game.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Try thrift stores too. My last find was a boxed Wing commander 1.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

A nice fansite for the Ultima lovers:
http://aiera.timeimmortal.net/

Lots of goodies.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.