DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

DOS games IRC is back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Announcements
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:18 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

wardrich wrote:
coldie wrote:
soo umm i got FF, Im just wondering now what to do, i wanna use IRC, but i dont wanna have soo many open windows, cause it lags my comp, since im on dial up... anyone got any ideas, Oh and i wanna be able to open more then one server at a time.

Having never used the chatzilla plugin, I'm not sure if it has the ability to connect to multiple servers simultaneously. I know you can do that with x-chat, though.

I've used it, you can be on more than one server at a time.

So, coldie, how to get started: go to Mozilla.org, install the plugin, restart Firefox... then eh, if I recall correctly, you had to go to the Tools menu, and start ChatZilla... OR, simply click on an irc:// link! Tbbbbbth!
coldie
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:47 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

no one is ever on.. it is #DOSgames right? in p2p server?
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm in there right now so if you don't see me you're in the wrong place Happy
Pancake
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

#DOSgames on irc.p2p-network.net, yeah. If not that many people are on at a given time, then just idle for a while. The more people that idle, the more people there'll be, and the more conversation their will be. People like The_Sinister_Mastermind, Gamer_V, and myself are there a lot, as well as people from other channels throughout P2P-Network.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Riiight! Odd how nobody chats whenever I'm around! Sarcastic
coldie
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:11 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

im in #DOSgames, and no one is there, and no one is ever there.....
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:34 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

That means you're in the wrong place, usually people are on(by people I mean The_Sinister_Mastermind, and several bots), so if you've got an empty channel you're not on the right server. Did you click directly on the link?
coldie
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

no i didnt, im on trillian, going into the channel.. this works for my other channels!

and that link dont work

it says invalid syntax? or however it spells it, lol
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone could have told me you needed help with this.

Yes if you're in there all alone, you are definitely in the wrong place, I never turn off my PC and being on broadband, I leave my IRC client open and connected. The only time Iím not at least idling in there is if something unexpected happens. Even if that were the case the channel is registered so any time a user joins if the channel is at that point in time empty a service bot will also join.

As for clients, I don't recommend ChatZilla, I just find it to be a bad client, though thatís only my personal opinion. KVIrc would be your best bet, it's a visual client. This means that it doesnít have the scripting capabilities of say something like mIRC (Though for your average user this isnít an issue), but itís much more aesthetically pleasing.

As far as Trillian goes, I canít help sorry, when I tried it out long ago either MSN would work and nothing else or everything would work and not MSN, so I ditched it. I might talk to one of the service admins for the network about setting up a java applet for the site, that way you wonít have to worry about an individual client.

If youíre having problems try irc.p2p-network.net:6667 as the server address, channel is #DOSgames I will say yeah itís not the most active place in the world, but it can be fun if people put in a little effort. As Pancake said the more people that come there the higher the chances are for chat. And if no one else is online while youíre there, you can always play trivia with DOSBot. Happy
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:58 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

The best IRC client I've ever found is X-Chat 2. It's basically the standard x-chat for linux, only it's for windows... and it's free... the official xchat client for windows is a trial, but the source is open, so x-chat 2 is just a recompiled version of x-chat for windows with a few other tweaks added in.
tak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say your chat works in pidgin but link doesn't work when clicked.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

tak wrote:
Just wanted to say your chat works in pidgin but link doesn't work when clicked.

Pidgin probably isn't your best choice for an IRC client. Does it usually work with IRC links?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2