DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with video card!

RetroGoth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:36 pm     Post subject: Help with video card! Reply with quote

I was wondering I have a AMDK6 333 packard bell that my friend gave me and I was just thinking which old time video card would be best to help me get the best of the old DOS/windows 95-98 games. Right now the PC plays some of the games perfectly I'm so happy that it has pc speaker sound! I miss that so much! and the graphics aren't that bad this pc came with a rageIIC card. Well if anyone knows of any good video cards for old games please tell me.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:57 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everything that has some 4 MB or more vidmem will do.

If you want full 3D you will need more and a specific 3D card, but then you can have trouble with the earlier dosgames.

An example is a S3Virge with 4MB, but if you want full 3D in some games you will also need a VooDoo addon card with some 8-12Mb.

Matrox had also good vidcards.
GeForce ..

And so on ......

And so on ....
RetroGoth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:41 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I might get a voodoo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games