space chase

Add your own reviews of games here.
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

space chase

Post by abyss »

I have gotten bored of thecode x forum. I will be reviewing storm a highly unknown sidescrolling game that is somewhat like commander keen.

gameplay: A crappy story,slightly bad scrolling. The score board goes to the left and right depending where you are. According to the story the person has a lot of free time. The story is just unappealinng in every way. The person does not have any personality. Keen is a 8 year old kid genius with an iq of 314 and wears an oversized helmet and makes a space ship of basic things. He makes crazy things. Know isn't that a much better story or duke nukeem is a big tough guy that likes soap operas. Their are many more better stories. The gameplay is descent though with the games level design. 6/10

graphics: The graphics are nothing impressive even for it's time but still good. 7.10

sounds: Who came up with the idea that you can't have pc speaker for sounds and soundblaster for music. You have to select soundblster for both sound and music.The sounds are still good. Their one of the better parts of the game 8/10

replayibility: The game is somewhat fun. Lacking in areas but still it is alright. 7/10

overall: A descent sidescroller that is not too bad. It is a descent sidescroller. If you want to you can download a shareware copy at dosgames.com 7/10
<i>Formerly known as Hulk Hogan.</i>
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Beeper DOES play! It's 'cause thou'rt usin' a computer with modern motherboard, which doesn't have it, (although I'm not 100% sure) effects are played via sound chip.

At the end, thou suffer from lack o' ammo and registered levels are too huge. (I deleted the Underdogs version after 1 play.)

Sometimes, when thou jump, thou hit the roof and droop down and have to try over and over again.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Just like the authors of best-selling novels often don't have a clue how to program a game, game programmers are not necessarily very good storytellers either.

The few games that do tell a great story are extremely special in that regard.