If you had to be....

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

:huh: really? wow i thought everyone liked LOTR
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

It's an okay saga. Not as great as everyone always makes it out to be.

To be blunt, I pretty much hate every British author. Except Ian Fleming and Roald Dahl. And I don't care about medieval stuff at all. Swords and dragons? Wow, that's boring.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

So I get it your into Phazers and Martians kind of movies???
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

:cry: I don't find it boring ..lol
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

fauvem wrote:Its alright Larry, any I stick by my choice, I lost the water at my place, so I'm a bit slimey & Check-Mate was largely correct, its spelt Sméagol & its from the gurgling noise he made in his throat.
I think you forgot to mention that he's called GOLLUM because he makes the sound so often....
His real name is Smeagol. (The reference I checked Via interweb was spelt without the accent, though I'm not sure how it's spelt in the actual book. I can't remember)

And as for not liking LOTR: That's pretty understandable. Tolkien gets into these descriptive parts that last for pages without anything really happening. At times, I found the books to be relatively dry.
The movies pulled off all the best parts, leaving out only smaller things, and changing only small details. They stuck pretty close to the book. (Or at least Fellowship and Return did. I didn't see Two Towers)
I for one love british authors of all types. They're very witty and fabulous. But that's just personal preference.
I heard Unfinished tales was really dry. Or was that Silmarillion? One of those...I heard...yeah.
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

i hate LOTR because one of my friends thinks he can join the people(i never watched it) if he goes to zew zeland
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

That's a pretty stupid reason to hate a classic. On the basis that your friend thinks something like that....
Try reading it, maybe. Or at least watching the Movies...
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

i wqatched the first 30 mins and fell asleep
One time I had a Jack and coke and it had a lime in it, And I saw that the lime was floating. That's good news man. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I'll reach for a lime... I'll be water skiing without a life preserver and people'll say 'What the hell?' and I'll pull out a lime...and a lemon too. I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Well that's pretty ridiculous. I don't get that at all, but....whatever. Not like my opinion really counts for yours...
fauvem
Expert
Expert

Post by fauvem »

cyb3r.god3 wrote:i hate LOTR because one of my friends thinks he can join the people(i never watched it) if he goes to zew zeland
Which people?? I'm from NZ, is there something I missed?
If I'm not here, I'm wandering the catacomb's of the mind, tempting madness at every turn, trying to remember where I put the remote!
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

lmfao... I liked the books the best, you should try reading them, their way better then the movie
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

fauvem wrote:
cyb3r.god3 wrote:i hate LOTR because one of my friends thinks he can join the people(i never watched it) if he goes to zew zeland
Which people?? I'm from NZ, is there something I missed?
the felllowship or whatever
he revuses to see the 3rd movie
fauvem
Expert
Expert

Post by fauvem »

Ok, that answers that question.
If I'm not here, I'm wandering the catacomb's of the mind, tempting madness at every turn, trying to remember where I put the remote!
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

no problem
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

My my, I thought I replied but I guess i didn't!
Your friend is kinda dumb because they only FILMED it in NZ. The actors live in like...New York and LA and stuff....
cyb3r.god3
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by cyb3r.god3 »

yeh i know hes stupid... he is also on pot
one day i walked into his room and he was just standing there staring blankly into space, i then asked " you right?" he said "shhhh. im a pole"
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Re: If you had to be....

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Check-Mate wrote:
fauvem wrote:if you had to be anyone form Lord Of The Rings who would you be and why?
gollum because we have alot in common:
1) Were once innocent, then we were corrupted
2) Don't like patotoes with rabbit
3) lived in caves
4) Gotten burned in an arguement with 2 smaller people over a ring.
Yeah, Larry: Someone already did.

TSM: Well as far as I remember from the Lord of the Rings Books, there was no mention of a Witch King. Unless he was like, mentioned once by a character or something. Though, it has been some time since I read the books, so...if there really is a "Witch King"
My bad.
He’s the dude who gets stabbed in the face by the chick who’s not meant to be in the battle.

Ok it’s that fight with all them huge elephant like things (Can’t remember what they’re called).

No man can kill him, hence why he dies when stabbed in the face by a woman. Of course I wouldn’t be so silly to let that happen. :P
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Should I watch all the movies and read all the books before I could understand what you just said???
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

yes ofcourse
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

*Slams hand over face*

Duh!!!!
<center>
</center>