I found this funny

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

I found this funny

Post by julie124 »

GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

the link is giving me a "server not found"
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

yet again, it works perfect for me....
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

EDMOND, Okla. - Tasha Henderson got tired of her 14-year-old daughter's poor grades, her chronic lateness to class and her talking back to her teachers, so she decided to teach the girl a lesson.

She made Coretha stand at a busy Oklahoma City intersection Nov. 4 with a cardboard sign that read: "I don't do my homework and I act up in school, so my parents are preparing me for my future. Will work for food."

"This may not work. I'm not a professional," said Henderson, a 34-year-old mother of three. "But I felt I owed it to my child to at least try."

In fact, Henderson has seen a turnaround in her daughter's behavior in the past week and a half. But the punishment prompted letters and calls to talk radio from people either praising the woman or blasting her for publicly humiliating her daughter.

"The parents of that girl need more education than she does if they can't see that the worst scenario in this case is to kill their daughter psychologically," Suzanne Ball said in a letter to The Oklahoman.

Marvin Lyle, 52, said in an interview: "I don't see anything wrong with it. I see the other extreme where parents don't care what the kids do, and at least she wants to help her kid."

Coretha has been getting C's and D's as a freshman at Edmond Memorial High in this well-to-do Oklahoma City suburb. Edmond Memorial is considered one of the top high schools in the state in academics.

While Henderson stood next to her daughter at the intersection, a passing motorist called police with a report of psychological abuse, and an Oklahoma City police officer took a report. Mother and daughter were asked to leave after about an hour, and no citation was issued. But the report was forwarded to the state Department of Human Services.

"There wasn't any criminal act involved that the officer could see that would require any criminal investigation," Master Sgt. Charles Phillips said. "DHS may follow up."

DHS spokesman Doug Doe would not comment on whether an investigation was opened, but suggested such a case would probably not be a high priority.

Tasha Henderson said her daughter's attendance has been perfect and her behavior has been better since the incident.

Coretha, a soft-spoken girl, acknowledged the punishment was humiliating but said it got her attention. "I won't talk back," she said quietly, hanging her head.

She already has been forced by her parents to give up basketball and track because of slipping grades, and said she hopes to improve in school so she can play next year.

Donald Wertlieb, a professor of child development at the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development at Tufts University, warned that such punishment could do extreme emotional damage. He said rewarding positive behavior is more effective.

"The trick is to catch them being good," he said. "It sounds like this mother has not had a chance to catch her child being good or is so upset over seeing her be bad, that's where the focus is."

Here it is.

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com ... BAF132BQ--
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

julie124 wrote:yet again, it works perfect for me....
damn, your computer's good.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Works fine for me, and nice move by the mum. Seems to be working and hey if it fails at least the girl has gained some valuable experience she can use later in life. ;)
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

yea My mother would never be able to do that to me... why didnt the daughter just say no? I liked to see my mother try to drag me out int he road....pfff
The_Sinister_Mastermind

The girl was pretty young Julie, so maybe she did it to avoid be punished further. Not to mention she probably didn't know what she was getting herself into.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

Yea well, I guess Im differnet, I always did what I want, never grounded or anything.. But then again, I didn't really do anything bad when I was young for mom or dad to get me to do that
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Rebel without a cause. :P

I was pretty nuts as a kid but I have a good excuse.

julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

IC, well I was more of a goodie goodie when I was growing up.. I drank occasionly, I smoked, but they couldnt say anything about that seems they smoke themselves... umm thats all I did, I never gave any trouble... infact I wasnt even kicked outta class before:P
The_Sinister_Mastermind

I've been to 3 high schools, nuff said :D... Well there's actually alot more to it then that, but I can't be bothered to go into it.

julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hahah I can just imagine..:Plol
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Julie I'm sure I've told you about it before on MSN anyway.

Terminator_8153

Post by Terminator_8153 »

Interesting