DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

VHS VERSUS DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music

VHS, DVD or other?
VHS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DVD
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
Other (e.g. laserdisc)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't care\don't use many videos.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:23 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

cyb3r.god3 wrote:
i still buy vhs for taping and stuff cos i cant be bother buying dvd recorder or dvd-rw

One thing that I find good about a dvd recorder is that it has a hard disk. If you want to tape TV shows, you just record them on the hard disk instead of on a DVD-R and later delete them away after watching. Save some money in the long run. If one wants to keep those shows, that's a different story. However, one can edit and add a menu before transferring the show to a DVD-R. For a VCR, it directly record onto a video tape so you can't edit unless you transfer to aanother medium which is more troublesome..
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:54 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I like dvds because you can always copy them to another blank dvd, if you gotta dvd burner that is. I have alot of movies that are copied.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore dvd's, not only due to their increased audio and visual content. The bonus material is also a big plus. I also love the fact that quite a lot of dvd's are printed in Canada, or at least that's what I've heard.

P.S. I work at Blockbuster and there are always people who come in and complain because we don't get VHS as often as we used to. I usually get asked this at least 3 or 4 times a day. So yes, there are plenty of VHS user still out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2