DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LINUX vs WINDOWS vs MAC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic

Which One Is The Best?
Linux
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Mac
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:40 pm     Post subject: LINUX vs WINDOWS vs MAC Reply with quote

Which One would you choose. Im thinking of duel booting linux and windows on here, i wanna knoe what u think! Congratulatory
John The Ax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:52 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows supports more programs, and is easier to get to run. Linux is useful, though, and customizable.
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:36 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

which version of windows? because if it's XP, you can forget about games. you need admin access, you need to run in special runtime modes, some programs still won't work... get win ME or 98Lite, like procerus.
John The Ax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:38 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

All my games work, so I don't know what ya talkin' bout.
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
which version of windows? because if it's XP, you can forget about games. you need admin access, you need to run in special runtime modes, some programs still won't work... get win ME or 98Lite, like procerus.
It's just DOS games that suck with XP. Other than that, it's the most customizable, user-friendly, working Windows I know. I've only had 3 crashes with it, too, and I've owned it for like 4 months. And you said get ME? NO WAY! That's got to be the worst Windows ever! And, as John pointed out, Windows supports more programs. Linux is good for special situations, though, so I don't think it would be a bad idea to dual boot. And Mac is good for a break from Windows Happy . I wish I had a Linux, Win XP, and Win 98SE dual, er, triple boot....like my friend Sarcastic
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:59 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used Linux.

I hate Mac.

I have XP, but not a lot of dos game problems.

Windows it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games