The "Mac vs Pc vs Floppy Drive" Post

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Wally's Right

Post by Wally's Right »

kazer0 wrote:Now I never meant to say that Mac OSX was bad, or even useless. I plan on using the Mac OSX x86 version on my laptop when it comes out. However, my posts did not mean that Macintosh couldn't do what the PC could. What was meant was that Macintosh didnt have as many options as the PC. The PC has more software than the Macintosh, which gives the user more choices. The Macintosh does have good software, but not nearly as much options as the PC does. Same for personalization, and functionality, in todays market you have way more options for the PC than you do Macintosh. And as per operating systems, the PC can run pretty much all of them, including OSX. Macintosh may be able to as well, but not likely as smooth as the PC can, especially in x86 based operating systems during emulation.
But the Macintosh is becoming a PC. The new x86 Macintosh computers are being designed as dual-boot systems. That is, they will boot into either Windows or Mac OS X. Of course, they will be able to boot into other operating systems that are compiled for x86 architecture as well, such as Linux.

Anyway, this is my final post in these forums. No offense intended, but DOS games are not exactly my forte...

Regards,

Wally is Right.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Now there, you see, was the point of the argument. Wally was defending macintoshes, while we were saying PCs were superior, hence why the Mac OSX was changing to PC.

Nice argument, too bad you can't stick around,

kazer0
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Dosser wrote:Sorry Wally, I honestly didn't think it was you, but I don't think it's one of those smilie-guests either: he is way too intelligent for those guys who can't even run 5 words together.
Not me actually. sorry.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Wow, I guess i am right..

Wally's Right please identify yourself via PM :)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:Wow, I guess i am right..

Wally's Right please identify yourself via PM :)
He already did in this topic... oh wait, you didn't read it, did you? *sigh*
Wally

Post by Wally »

I mean, it would be nice to know the guy :)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:I mean, it would be nice to know the guy :)
No you don't...
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Wally only says that because he was the only one in this topic rooting for mac that knew what he was talking about.