DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Rules Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Forum Suggestions
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Most guests don't really plan on coming back so they take the liberty to be rude, obnoxious, and overal unpleasant. They are always going to be rude and to tell you the truth, it is going to be extremely hard to crack down on this problem. You have to remember, most of the guests visiting here are young so they usually don't have manners or respect.

P.S. I am available to mod if need be.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Old people can be rude too. It's about the rude people, not the young people. GRRRRRRR.
SpaceFans
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:35 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

So What are we going to do with them there is not much we can do About Guest they just spam and do stuff on the Forum the we do not like I just say Banned Guest on the forum that the only way we can do.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:57 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceFans wrote:
... I just say Banned Guest on the forum ....

It is not that easy to IP ban someone as you seems to think SpaceFans. It takes more than a mouseclick to IP ban someone. There are ways to get allmost entirely anonymous on the internet. I will not elaborate on this, doesn't want to bring those smileys posters on idea's.
But lately the smiley posters aren't that bad, there were more sometime ago.

Meh
SpaceFans
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:41 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

dosraider wrote:
SpaceFans wrote:
... I just say Banned Guest on the forum ....

It is not that easy to IP ban someone as you seems to think SpaceFans. It takes more than a mouseclick to IP ban someone. There are ways to get allmost entirely anonymous on the internet. I will not elaborate on this, doesn't want to bring those smileys posters on idea's.
But lately the smiley posters aren't that bad, there were more sometime ago.

Meh

So Just Banned the smiley faces for the Guest then.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamer_V, yes older people can be mean too. In fact, I'm a teenage member myself. As with the anomous web sufing, it's quite simple to evade an ip ban and go through. I've done it myself with quite some success. No we could ban guests from the smileys, thats a good idea but then they could post an image of a smiley from a different site if they really wanted to. I don't really feel we have a serious problem with the guests at present to be quite honest.
SpaceFans
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo wrote:
Gamer_V, yes older people can be mean too. In fact, I'm a teenage member myself. As with the anomous web sufing, it's quite simple to evade an ip ban and go through. I've done it myself with quite some success. No we could ban guests from the smileys, thats a good idea but then they could post an image of a smiley from a different site if they really wanted to. I don't really feel we have a serious problem with the guests at present to be quite honest.

I just say banned image Smiley and other stuff the only thing they can do is to posted
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough already.
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:19 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir/mam. I believe your forum/message board/blog/personal website to be a greate monument to the internet.

www.andrewcharron.com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Forum Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2