DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get dos games to detect ISA AWE64
Goto page Previous  1, 2

kreats

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:26 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should run CTCM.exe and see how you go - it should hopefully autoconfigure around the onboard sound. If you don't get it working I remember the awe32 not sounding all that good with duke3d anyway (personally I thought the guitar sounded a bit 'funny'), so not a huge loss if that is what you are primarily using it for.

RE: multiconfigs

I've got 4 configs in a menu in my startup - two of them go to http://surf.to/AccessDosMenu (a nice graphical menu app). One for demos and another for games (I leave off cdrom and emm386 in the demos config).

One is a minimal config with nothing loaded, and the remaining one loads cdrom, 4dos and sets up a few aliases. It's good to have a bit of flexibility in your startup I feel - as a lot of games/demos don't like having certain things loaded.

RE: Win98

Actually I've recently found one good reason why win98 is handy.. I was trying to get the 3dfx versions of blood & shadow warrior going (these only work on the original 3dfx) and it requires windows to be running (they want to load a glide dll).

Dual booting is a pain however - haven't been able to bring myself to do it (I hear 3dfx blood isn't all that great anyway) - but I suppose I might one day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Free Windows games