The Definitive Guide To Modern Art

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
Fenrir

The Definitive Guide To Modern Art

Post by Fenrir »

I was bored, so I decided to make a tongue in cheek guide to some pieces of modern art....

http://www.matthewbarnes0025.supanet.co ... /index.htm
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Reminds me of this art museum I went to for bonus in my AP Lit class. It was called The Mattress Factory.

All it was were stupid pieces of "art" like those. How retarded. One was a room with a giant egg-shaped thing in the middle. It's not art, it's talentless losers who make money by preying on those who are too stupid or elitist to understand that it's stupidly meaningless.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I'm known to be an open minded person, prone to finding meaning in things most people would overlook, and beauty in things most people would think common. This kind of art, however, is just plain stupid. There's no merit whatsoever, nothing that stands out, nothing that gives it a saving grace. It's the epitomy idiocy.

There is, however, some very good and very powerful Modern Art. (I have a talented friend who draws it) Don't let this kind of popular "art" crap dissuade you from enjoying unusual art forms. There are some brillient works out there.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Well I dont know if you noticed but this was supposed to be poking fun at this kind of 'art' and mentality. People say I have a strange sense of humour.

However, seriously for a moment... Having said that, when we talk about meaningless art, I went to the tate modern gallery and there was a piece of art, it was just a blank piece of green paper on a wall. It may seem worthless and meaningless but my dad said words to the effect of 'If art is supposed to cause a reaction in people and make them think, then this piece of art is some of the most successful' . But then again, I still wish that I had got thousands of pounds for sticking a piece of green paper on a wall. There is no justice in the world :(