DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Ads?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Forum Suggestions
Wally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:16 am     Post subject: Google Ads? Reply with quote

It would be nice if these were on the bottom of the page (Like the old times)
Sorcerdon
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:13 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

If u want u can get the Google Toobar - it comes with great features like: search the page, popup blocking, and search google.
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:28 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Google has ads?
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:05 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to experiment with the ads a bit ... they may just be removed or changed around, I'll see what happens. They used to be on every page (when I used them before) ... now they are just on the front page and above the Quick Reply. I may move them around a bit.

Or, I may put them on all / most pages, but make them appear to guests only. (ie if you're logged in you wouldn't see 'em at all). Have to test / check Happy
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:08 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you change the number of ads? At the moment they're streching the screen at 800x600, which is highly annoying.
Wally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:46 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know what you are planning.

So dosgames.com Forum is like a shareware component that can be made freeware after registering for free right?

In this example it would be ads for guests but when you register there you go..
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:34 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads should now only show for Guests. (ie if you're not logged in you'll see ads, if you're logged in they shouldn't show up) That way we won't annoy the forum regulars, only the guys that post once in Find Old Games and never come back Wink

Also, I removed the auto-redirect after you make a post ... I seem to remember that mod was made before the 2.0.11 upgrade ...
1LT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:51 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

emmzee wrote:
The ads should now only show for Guests. (ie if you're not logged in you'll see ads, if you're logged in they shouldn't show up) That way we won't annoy the forum regulars, only the guys that post once in Find Old Games and never come back Wink

Also, I removed the auto-redirect after you make a post ... I seem to remember that mod was made before the 2.0.11 upgrade ...

Very cool. If I want to use Safari (i.e. Not Firefox with ad block), I shall not fear Google ads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Forum Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games