Egypt Game Developers !

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
Moaz

Egypt Game Developers !

Post by Moaz »

I invite you to join this yahoo group :

groups.yahoo.com/group/EgyptGameDevelopers

you can find some useful dos games with source code by members in the files section.

and good books also.
Elign

Post by Elign »

Nice to know that Africa even has computers (or electricity for that matter), considering they can hardly ever get anything to eat.

Or is that just the top rich 5%?
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

I smell a red cross member on lunch break...
o_O
b_unlogged

Post by b_unlogged »

Not as many of the people in the world are starving as you think. As well, I think they may be more technologically advanced than you think...

If you wanna sympathize someone, sympathize those tsunami survivors. Or the casualties, for that matter...
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

I didn't mean to make fun of the africans or, to be non-racial, "the less fortunate" Oh, but whats the big deal with the tsunami anyways, they just can't run like us americans in a tornado?

Anyways, if the poster is still checking back, what kind of games do you create?
o_O
Moaz

Post by Moaz »

DosReaper wrote: Anyways, if the poster is still checking back, what kind of games do you create?
mostly dos games in C. sometimes VB.

very limited work infact. but it is better than nothing. the problem is not in the programmers and software companys, but the main problem is that no one in Egypt will pay for a game while he can copy it illegaly.

That stops any real project for producing a game. just a small projects by individuals.
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

Well, know that I think about it, it's kinda stupid I asked since I dunno how to program in any language. :blah: I think it looks hard, maybe if I had the time I could learn...
o_O
Moaz

Post by Moaz »

it is not very hard to make a small game. but you may enjoy it like more than playing.
Relsoft

Post by Relsoft »

I make games in Dos and Windows, using QB, C/C++, ASM or FreeBASIC.

In fact I'm porting this DOS (ASM/QB) engine to Win32(FreeBASIC/OpenGL/SDL).

http://rel.betterwebber.com/junk.php?id=36

Boss:

http://rel.betterwebber.com/junk.php?id=23
egyweb

Post by egyweb »

Elign, to your surprise, electricity and comuters are available in Egypt! and Egyptian software developers are appreciated around the world. In fact they
are better and more creative than average programmers.

Anyway, I suggest you leave your computer screen for a while and travel around coz obviously it seems you don't know a lot outside your neighbourhood.

:laugh:
raymon

Post by raymon »

Elign wrote:Nice to know that Africa even has computers (or electricity for that matter), considering they can hardly ever get anything to eat.

Or is that just the top rich 5%?
Well .. I think egyweb is true ... travel to Egypt. he only problem with Egyptian programs is that the atmosphere is not quite suitable for creativity because of the bad economy
forum.youregypt.com … it’s mine, ours & yours
Elign

Post by Elign »

All I can imagine is pyramids, camels, and deserts. I'm so ignorant, dang...

For many years, Africa has been portrayed as a bum/beggar continent. Has the media deceived me?

Live Aid 1985, World Vision, UNICEF, CCF, PWRDF, Gates Foundation, the list goes on... By those tokens, Africa would be a black hole of endless pity, the cursed and forsaken land.

Maybe it's only some of the countries that are death traps? others might have moved up, like Egypt?

Even so, my knowledge is pretty fuzzy. Maybe things are not what they seem...
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Africa aint that poor...

I mean for goodness sake, they own a village and they get their own food..

All they need is some vegie seeds and away they go.

I hear India is in need.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Eat your veggies!

Some orginazation made a list with 'third-world countries' some time ago and The Netherlands :D was in it... Now that's weird... :huh: However, I believe it was based on pollution or something...
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .