Animation: The Pac-Attack

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

Animation: The Pac-Attack

Post by Jorrit »

A couple of days ago I received another movie from Steve Chris.

Here's 'The Pac-Attack':

Steve Chris:
I was a bit disappointed because I really wanted to make this same movie using Flash, but since I still couldn't get the software, I just made it another GIF.

The setting for this cartoon by the way, is 'The Dos Games Convention' I think it's upto you guys to seriously make it into a reality. I personally think it would be great idea to hold a convention for Dos Games somewhere, where millions of fans and game makers could meet, and I'm sure you can get sponsors. Or perhaps you've already held one, I really don't know.

Also I'm said to say this, but this is the very last movie I'll be making. But heck who knows, I might change my mind, but any further animations would be done only in Flash or I might even try the traditional animation, maybe even a REAL movie using my friend's webcam. Making gif's are a terrible headache, and the results are not worth making them nor even watching them really.
By the way, check out Steve's website for more of his work: www.laughinggames.tk

Please post your thoughts.
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

I really enjoyed looking at it man! Very good work :thumbsup: and keep it up!
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Darren is about to be sued by Weezer.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

he can download a trial from macromedia easily enough.

LOL

Pac man seeks revenge. I dont blame him
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Kazer0 wrote:Darren is about to be sued by Weezer.
:laugh: yep, but, if he goes for plastic surgery, and looks identical... and they can't tell the difference... :devil:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Haha that was great Steve :D

For the record, I am not actually Rivers Cuomo. Hence where it says "not emmzee" at the bottom of my icon. We'll just assume that, for the purposes of not scaring people off with my "real" appearance, that in comic form I look more like Rivers. ;) Kinda like the <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com">Penny Arcade</a> guys ... in ral life, they look nothing like their comic counterparts. :laugh:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Oops.... I guess I goofed! Sorry about that Emmzee! (Actually deep down I knew you had to be better lookin than that nerd) :D Anyway just to cover up that, here's a bit of the unrevealed story of what REALLY happened...

this Weezer geek liked Dos Games soooo much as a kid, that he wanted to own the Official Web Site for it, but when Darren refused to sell the rights, he got rid of him and stole his identity! (Which explains why he's acting a bit nervous and suspicous through out the Cartoon) Ha! Beat that Stephen King!!!

Anyways.... you'll notice the setting for this Cartoon is the Dos Games Convention... Are you interested in the idea of REALLY holdng a Convention for Dos Games somewhere, inviting famous Game Makers, and a place where millions of Dos Games Fans can meet! I'm sure you could easily get sponsors and stuff!

Well it's just an idea really. Plz let me know what you think Mr.Darren :)
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Nice idea, but chancer are there are not enough Dos Games fans to have a convention, nor enough interest for them to fly to it.
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

It's a good idea, but where to hold it? The people are too much spread over the world and I don't think there will come millions of people, but 100,000 must be good. Sponsors will be very easy to find...
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

you can hold it in australia :D :laugh

Morwell my local town has a hall big enough for a computer convention so yeah.

Thus what would we sell? :P
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

A good bulk of the DOS games fans seem to live in the midwestern North America, strangely enough, so we could hold it in Toronto or Chicago so it'd be in driving distance for some people. As for financing... didn't John Romero visit this site a couple times before? I wonder how much he made off of the Doom series... :laugh:

If we could seriously get more than 10 people together I'd be pretty amazed. Maybe we could do some sort of joint feature with the-underdogs, G4-Tech TV, and a couple well known dosgames web rings to spread the word around... and get 20 people.

(Note, this is all purely hypothetic rambling, I'm not making any serious plans at the moment)
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

No, go with Windsor. It's closer to where I live.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

I think we should put it to vote and find out where the majority of the people live and hold the First Convention there, and for those of you who missed the first one can just wait for the second one to be held in thier Country (if the first one is a BIG success that is)

And this whole thing people not interested in Dos Games, I mean c'mon think about it... there're over 3 Billion PC users, and who hasn't played Doom, Prince, Dave etc. I'm quite sure there're PLENTY of people (mostly grown ups) who still have strong memories for these Games, and are just waiting for a place where they can find very rare copies of their favorite games for sale, meet Game Makers, play Games, or just hang out with other Dos Game fans

And this place doesn't have to feature just Dos Game y'know... it could be about Original Nintendo, or Arcade Games too. Maybe that will REALLY boost people to come (I mean who DOESN'T miss the Nintendo Classics right?)

I think this convention could easily turn into a Media Event, cause I don't think anyone has held anything for Older Games yet. Even many present day gamers would be interested in taking a trip down memory lane to see how the Early PC Games were like.

I know things still seem a bit far fetched at the moment, but hey even the BEST ideas look like that until you start making it happen...GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:Thus what would we sell? :P
Your virginity.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

NEW Group!!

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Hi everyone! Currently my website is having some server troubles, so please visit my groups instead to find more cool stuff http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laughinggames/

Enjoy! :laugh:
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

I think we should put it to vote and find out where the majority of the people live and hold the First Convention there,
That would be canada...
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?