Inglorious Bastards

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
kittie
Expert
Expert

Inglorious Bastards

Post by kittie »

The 5th Film From Quentin Tarantino
Inglorious Bastards

Release Date: TBA Late 2004 or Early 05 (estimated)

World Premiere: May, 2004, Cannes Film Festival (likely)

Title Note: (12/9/02) This project has sometimes been listed as 'Glorious Bastards', but the title is indeed 'Inglorious Bastards', like the 1977 movie that Bo Svenson also costarred in.

Distributor: Miramax Films

Production Company: A Band Apart (Stark Raving Mad, 1995's White Man's Burden)

Cast: Michael Madsen (Babe Buchinksy), Bo Svenson; other cast not announced yet.

Cast Notes: (9/11/01) Adam Sandler has long been mentioned by Quentin Tarantino as being hoped to costar, but he has not officially been confirmed (yet). I'd say that if QT is saying all this, Sandler is likely though. Madsen and Sandler are probably just the tip of a huge casting iceberg which may include any number of other actors, including many, like Harvey Keitel, Bruce Willis, Steve Buscemi, etc. who were in other Tarantino films.

Character Name: Madsen's character is named Babe Buchinsky as an homage to Charles Bronson, who costarred in many WWII films (The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen, etc.), playing characters similar to the one Madsen will play.

Director: Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs; codirector of Four Rooms; next up before this are Kill Bill Vol 1 and Kill Bill Vol 2)

Screenwriter: Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Jackie Brown, From Dusk Till Dawn, Kill Bill)

Not Based Upon: (12/9/02) Although they share titles, AICN reports that this is not a direct remake of the 1977 WWII movie also called 'Inglorious Bastards.' Quentin Tarantino has apparently cast Bo Svenson in this film partly as an homage to his performance in the 1977 film.

Trilogy Note: (10/30/03) In an interview in the latest issue of "Vanity Fair," Quentin Tarantino reveals that one of the projects he worked on in the six years in between the releases of Jackie Brown and Kill Bill Vol. 1 was trying to hammer 'Inglorious Bastards' down as a script. In the process, however, he ended up not writing one script, but three feature-length scripts which he now plans on actually filming as such, rather than doing just one. Some of the questions that remain unknown are if all three films will be called 'Inglorious Bastards' (Volumes 1 through 3?), if 'Inglorious Bastards' is just the name of the first film, if the stories are complete separate, if they feature the same core group of characters, or if they are all basically the same, really-long story, broken out into three parts. Another question to ponder is... will QT try to film all three movies at once, back-to-back?

Premise: The exact details of the plot aren't yet (9/7/01) know, but QT describes this as being a "guys-on-a-mission" World War II war movie, about U.S. soldiers taking on the Nazi's. Tarantino also told AICN that the group is made up of men who are about to be executed, but are offered a chance at reprieve.

Filming: There's currently no production start date for this project, but Quentin Tarantino has told various sources recently (6/1/04) that he hopes to make this his next movie, which suggests a start of production in 2005 (or 2004 at the optimistically earliest).

Genre: Action, Historical, War

Source: Yahoo Movies
Life is like we Know It
Not a Denrix
Hey My Forum
http://64.246.11.123/users5/gamershrine/index.cgi My New Admin Ro@m and Gordie

Broadband Enabled

New Kittie Website with A Chatroom
www.freewebs.com/kittiefun/
diri
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by diri »

Quentin Tarantino takes on Hitler! w00t! excellent!
kittie
Expert
Expert

Post by kittie »

Yep cant wait till it comes out

Adam Sandler in a war

Got to see to believe
Life is like we Know It
Not a Denrix
Hey My Forum
http://64.246.11.123/users5/gamershrine/index.cgi My New Admin Ro@m and Gordie

Broadband Enabled

New Kittie Website with A Chatroom
www.freewebs.com/kittiefun/
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

Character Name: Madsen's character is named Babe Buchinsky as an homage to Charles Bronson, who costarred in many WWII films (The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen, etc.), playing characters similar to the one Madsen will play.
I'm a fan of Charles Bronson so I might gonna like this movie :).
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

diri wrote:Quentin Tarantino takes on Hitler! w00t! excellent!
My favourite is when he takes on Itchy and Scratchy... but w/e. :laugh:
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

Itchy and Scratchy - are you reffering to his diseased, rashy arse or genitalia? :laugh: ..... :upset:
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

Simpons
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
Black_Sabbath

Post by Black_Sabbath »

i can't wait for this film!! it will be another triumph for Tarantino, hopefully.
this was posted by: