Ken's Lab Levels

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Ken's Lab Levels

Post by DosReaper »

Does anyone have ken's lab levels or something I can play around with or get some ideas from?
o_O

Post by Guest »

I have some But I got to go fix the rest of the bugs in them
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

Oh yea, if you want to try making levels first dl the game and then dl the editor at http://advsys.net/ken/klab.htm (Ken's Page). :)

You must put them into the same file, and after you make the edit you must run Compress.exe.

Unless you want to have one of the original ken's labyrinth, then have another file for you're edits.

Sadly, if you want to have more than 30 levels (10 per episode) or more than THAT "edit" you must have as many files as campaigns (or episodes). :Angry:
o_O
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

Well, if you ever have any unbugged versions feel free to send them to me, no i sware i won't spread them, (Why would i want to anyway?). :thumbsup:
o_O
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Go to Ken Silverman's website (too lazy to post here, use the search function) and download BUILD. He converted all the Ken's Lab maps into that and you can play/edit them, provided you have Shadow Warrior, Blood, or Nukem 3D. (Maybe you don't, but I'm not sure if he ever released a standalone BUILD simulator or not)
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

Thanks DogBreath but im looking for levels, not the builder...
o_O
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

It has all the levels for download. "BUILD" is just the name of the engine used to edit and display them.
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

:no: No no no no no, what I ment by that was user-made levels! :laugh:
o_O
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I dunno about that. E-mail Ken Silverman. ( kjs (at) lems (dot) brown (dot) edu replace the (at) with @ and the (dots)s with .) And, of course, you could always design your own levels and be the first ever to do so! :)
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

Don't worry, i have already had ideas about a full campaign about saving christmas. :D

But i will have to hand edit everything, im also having a problem with the enemies to attack or even for that case, move... :Angry:
SOOOO MAD!!!!
o_O

Post by Guest »

I Did like 2 months ago so he would be the 2nd
DosReaper
Expert
Expert

Post by DosReaper »

can u send them to me or what>?
o_O

Post by Guest »

E-mail this address about it

[email protected]

and then you can tell everyone who's levels you've played (you'll find out soon enough)

Post by Guest »

I forgot to mention if that account sends you an odd e-mail post it here and I'll give you my other e-mail address.