Favorite Game Creator

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.

Favorite Game Creator

ZZT
53%
Megazuex
18%
QBasic
29%

Total votes: 17

Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

TD, this is so incorrect that it ain't even funny...
ZZT is FAAR from being easy.
Besides for being one of the easiest GCS's in the world that is...
A:It never warns that you have an error;Instead, it blasts out a PC speaker beep in the game
False. Download ZZTAE.
B:It doesent support Soundblaster
True, but it's better then MZX which has NO sound support at all. (at least for 90% of the computers today)
C:It doesent allow character editing
False again. There is at least 50 with edited char sets, hell I've MADE a zzt char set before. Where did you hear that?
D:You can screw up your title board VEEEEERRY easily
Only if you are extreamly idiotic.
E:How? Make a robot (In this stupid language, an Object) that turns everything thats on the board to something else
Huh? Try making sense next time. Objects don't do that.
If you do that, it keeps it that way. (It saves it to the world file)
Only if you actually press the "save to world file" button. Strangely enough, MZX saves things to world files when you tell it to also...
Sure, sure. ZZT was made first. But that doesent make it any better than MZX.
Okay, on comparason, ZZT: a fast, powerful, easy to use GCS that works on pretty much every microsoft computer in existence and has 2000+ games so far. MZX: A program that doesn't even work with about 150 games by those who have actually figured out how to operate it. (try installing it and ye shall see)

I'll go with zzt.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

WOW! Good job! I couldn't even figure out how to make a good game, while it is INSANELY easy in ZZT. Is there even sound in MZX? I have never heard it.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Nanobot

Post by Nanobot »

It was a split decision, but I chose MegaZeux. Honestly, I like ZZT and MegaZeux just as much as the other. ZZT games are made a lot faster and easier, and it forces you to use more imagination and creativity, while MegaZeux provides for more involved games that have a more professional quality to them.

Thunderdog: Here's how to prevent the title screen from messing up: If, when you press E on a title screen, it displays that same title screen, press L and load it back up again. The title screen will only be messed up if you save it with the changes back. Even then, I always allow people to send me their messed up title screens and I will repair it for them (as best as is possible).

False claims have been made about both GCSs. Sound works in MegaZeux on most computers (especially if you follow Wizdom's guide). ZZT isn't nearly as limited as a lot of Zeuxers think, despite its immediate appearance and short command list. You can teleport the player and objects to other places on the board, you can get large object blocks to move as one, and a ton of other stuff. Don't judge something unless you look into it enough.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

I chose neither and take both. I don't care if I can't do it, I'm doing it anyway :P . I like the format of MGZ, and the flexibility of ZZT. If you don't like my opinion, tough B)
Ally
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ally »

ZZT all the way. :)
I thawt yer inglich wuz vari gud.- Dan (Da_Goat)
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

I just don't know....

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

I can't decide.

It is very easy to make ZZT games......

But QBasic is way more powerful..........

I dont know!
Ally
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ally »

Oh yeah, I also like a program called The Computer Novel Construction Set, or something like that.
I thawt yer inglich wuz vari gud.- Dan (Da_Goat)
BullaSceefe

cretors

Post by BullaSceefe »

i only have only eva used ohrrpgcand i like it i trid using q basic or wot i thout was q basic and it was to random and so is zzt but im a new b to all this progaming so if u gays chould send me "how to" manul on ether of the 3 that whould b cool :laugh:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

u gays
Actually, I doubt if anyone here is homosexual. I would state lakerzz8, but I concluded that he was asexual, not gay.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

On second thought maybe goat is hiding something from us... :suspicious glare:
webmaster from hell

Post by webmaster from hell »

actually, i like C++
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I'm a VC++ man myself but it hardly counts as a GCS. Sure you CAN use it to make games but it has a much broader range of aplication. (i.e, Microsoft word was made with VC++, some IRC clients were made with VC++, ect.)