DosGames.com Game

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.

What do you think about this?

I'm in!
60%
It's retarded.
10%
Interested but too lazy to do anything
30%
Not interested
No votes

Total votes: 10

Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

DosGames.com Game

Post by Amro »

I have thought about it since the dosgames RPG post.... I thought we could use AGAST to make an adventure game in which a newbie to DosGames.com is the main character... And then he would have to do all kinds of things to make himself a good member (Kind of a rip off Monkey Island 1).
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Interested but too lazy to do anything
^My opinion^
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

That's kind of my own opinion too now that I realized how lazy I am... I can't watch TV without a clicker.

And no I'm not fat.
Homz
Expert
Expert

Let us UNITE!

Post by Homz »

That's one of the best ideas I ever heard. I would use AGAST or AGS, or whatever was decided as the best tool. The only thing is that I would have to learn how to program in one of the two, which would probably take a month or so... I was going to learn AGAST, and have it installed, but there isn't any sort of tutorial to learn it by, just a complicated reference manual :cry: !!! If anyone knows of a help file or a document written to gently guide a newbie into AGAST, please let me know. Once I've learned one of them, I would love to do something like this. I could do the programming once I've learned, but I would need graphics artists and that sort of stuff. If you have helpful advice, smart remarks, or would like to join me, PM me. Do not send me a E-Mail at my Hotmail address, as the Inbox is currently overflowing and I haven't gotten around to weeding it out yet. [/list]
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

I'd help, but I'd have no idea what I'd be doing.

I now feel like making a ZZT game, which would take about an eight of the time. Someone give me a plot.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I was already working on a Dosgames.com zzt game, actually...
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

Hmm? Care to share what it is?
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

It wouldn't take so long if everybody wasn't so lazy. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: uhm... I guess I am too :rolleyes:
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

I'm starting work on it now. I would still like artists. Particularly, if you want to be in it, you're going to have to draw it yourself.

More details later...
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

Chapter III
Click aici.
Programmer

Post by Programmer »

Homz, using code instead of a ''game creator'' would help attract more people to help you create your game, I would help for starters.
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

Ok... PM me, and we'll talk more about it!

Chapter III
Click aici.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

i was making one once using RM2K it really kicked ass, but then i had to reformat my comp... Da_Goat may have the demo still... tho, it was really short cause i hadnt done much to it when i sent it to him.
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

don't laugh at me for my idea..but what about making the "Canadian Invasion" into a game? I'm not very talented at making a game..but I believe it'd be a good game
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I might...
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

BUMP....any new developments?
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

Sounds cool to me... but as nastypoisonspikes said: I'd help, but I'd have no idea what I'd be doing.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Me too.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Sounds interesting, but I don't understand a thing. A game? What IS this? A forum game? A REAL GAME?! I'm confused...
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

if you need i would like to do some textures?
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Textures? So this is a real game? I can make graphics! What kind of a game is it?
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!