MEMBERS POSTING!

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.

Are You a regular poster?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:54 am

Yes
69%
No
No votes
Sometimes
31%

Total votes: 13

Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

MEMBERS POSTING!

Post by Ro@m »

Hey i've got the dosgames newsletter and i was surprised that you emzee
have finally did something to get the unposting members to post,it was a good idea to firstly announce the site link in the mail,so some "members" should remember to post!
Goodie! :bday: :bday: :bday:
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I don't receive the dosgames newsleter, could you quote the message here? Thanks! :)
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

Why don't you just sign-up :)

I visit the forum at least one time a day, but I rarely post something here. Don't know why, but when I know where to download a game a guest requested, I do post it. And announcements of course.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

*gasps* You've not signed up for the mailing list?! :blah: *falls over*

Ahem. Anyways ;) Here's the latest example of my poor writing skills:
DOS Games Newsletter, March 2004

Greetings from the world of DOS Games!

So I finally added some more games to the site. About time eh. I seem to be getting lazier and lazier! Well anyways, before I tell you about the fantastic new games that you can get for free, I want to tell you about the awesome (and also free, of course) DOS Games Discussion Forum. It's the official message board for three DOS games related sites, including dosgamesarchive.com , dosgamesonline.com and of course dosgames.com. It's actually quite active, so I invite you to check it out, since you're obviously a hardcore DOS gamer! ;) Visit it at:

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/

Now, getting on to the new games :) They can be downloaded (as usual) at:

http://www.dosgames.com/g_new.php

Here are the six new games added ... full reviews, etc are available at the URL above.

The Black Cauldron
Adventure - Freeware - 4/5
Adventure game fans may remember this classic graphic adventure game, created by Al Lowe (of "Leisure Suit Larry" fame) and loosely based on the Disney movie of the same name ...

Carmageddon
Action - Demo! - 4/5
This demo version of the formerly popular car racing / gore game give you a taste of what the full game had to offer; and for many it will be enough! :) Unlike most racing games, this one actually rewards you for damaging the other cars ...

Mastermind
Traditional - Freeware - 2.5/5
Mastermind is a copy of the classic game by Pressman (Hasbro for PC). Here you can play against the computer or a second player ...

Number Munchers
Educational - Freeware - 2.5/5
Help your kids learn multiplication, factions, inequality, and other mathematical concepts with this learning game. Actually a remake of the original Number Munchers game ...

Snipes
Action - Freeware - 2/5
This simple text mode action game has some interesting origins. Apparently the giant networking company Novell got their start with this small game, the purpose of which was originally to be "an application that could be used to test the network and demonstrate its capabilities" ...

Three
Tetris-Style - Freeware - 3/5
If you've ever played the Sega classic Columns (or one of the many knockoffs) you know what to expect from 'Three' ...

As stated above, all of these can be downloaded from:

http://www.dosgames.com/g_new.php

I have tested all of the download links, and they all work. So if they are busy when you try them, please assume they've overloaded by so many people downloading, and try again later :)

Next news item: I wanted to mention that another great DOS games site (hosted by dosgames.com, in fact) has completed their redesign. Their site now offers many new features and is a lot easier to navigate. Check out DOS Games Online at:

http://www.dosgamesonline.com

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

Finally, if you haven't visited my newest site yet, play.vg, please do check it out. It offers over 100 free classic web games that you can play in your browser, like Donkey Kong, Prince of Persia, Centipede, Tetris, Asteroids, Kaboom!, Frogger and tons more. Visit it at:

http://www.play.vg

That's it for this edition of the newsletter ... thanks for subscribing! If you have any suggestions for future newsletters, please let me know. Thanks! :) Bye!

Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com
About 5,500 people are subscribed, who knows how many actually read it ...
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Actually, I haven't been subscribed to the dosgames.com mailing list since *checks inbox of old AOL account* July 2001 or thereabouts. :shifty:

For some reason I was removed (error in the ol' newsletter sender) and it wouldn't let me sign up again. The problem was probably fixed years ago, but I never bothered to sign up again until about 2 hours ago.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

No one told me about it... And DB, send this out to all forum users.
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

You should include a link to the newsletter on the forum sign-up page
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

that would be great :bday:
goddie! :bday: :bday:
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

I suppose I'm a regular poster, or lurker at least.

This place is pretty lame, no offense,
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

What the? :wow: :wow:
GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR :Angry: :Angry: :Angry: :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

He did say no offense.

Although I can't see why anyone would lurk in a forum they think is lame.
Interon

Post by Interon »

Amro: I think this forum is lame too. I like it and I hope it loses its lameness soon. I want to be here when it's not lame anymore and I'd like to help this forum lose its lameness. I'm sad that this forum has gotten so lame. :cry:

Let's bring this forum back to its former zenith of prosperity! This is the 2004 DOS Games Forum Depression. We need to break out from this depression.

Now I need to brainstorm on how I can help.

Edit: chart deleted due to its poor accuracy. At least I tried.
Last edited by Interon on Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Um, it usually gets more active in the summer and dies down in the winter, or just ebbs and flows on its own. The only way to de-lame it is for posters to agree to be more active and make more quality posts-though for some reason many of you seem to react instead by "leaving until it gets better," which only makes the problem worse or, indeed, *creates* the problem.

And even though we didn't have many posters then, early 2002/late 2001 seriously rocked. It shouldn't be so low on your rather unscientific chart. ;)
Interon

Post by Interon »

Well, thanks Dogbreath for the insight. Aaah, it's like the stock market I guess, up and down, up and down, beyond one's control. Well, I'll try to do my part anyway, even if it doesn't help much.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Although I can't see why anyone would lurk in a forum they think is lame.
true amro!