dosgamesonline.com new design!

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

dosgamesonline.com new design!

Post by Joris »

The new design of www.dosgamesonline.com is finished. From the frontpage:

Code: Select all

About two months ago I decided to change the design. It took a while but now we're back. Erik, my brother, did the design. I like it and I really like to thank him for that. As you might have noticed, the coding of the new website is done in PHP. I had to insert all the 202 games in the MySQL database, but it is working now and you can do some funny things with it. For example, see the alphabetical list of games. When you click on Rating, it will sort all games by rating, starting with the games with the lowest rating. This things can't be done without the database so it's really better now in my opinion. 

If you have any comments on the new webdesign or if you found a bug, please report it to me. You can do that by posting a comment in the news section, or you can mail me via the contact page.

I'll add more games to the database soon. Untill then, keep on playing those old dosgames!
So, no need to say more. You can also put your comments and ideas in this topic.

Joris
Interon

Post by Interon »

:cry: The link is dead! :cry:
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Yeah, page not found.
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

GRM... I really don't know how this happend but I will find out soon... You can visit the site now by going to http://www.dosgames.com/~dgonline/index.php
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

That is a sweet design dude... I'm loving it. :thumbsup:
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Hey... This is kinda cool! Except for that striped background.

And wow, I didn't know you had such excellent games there! This was the first time I actually took a look!
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

The URL www.dosgamesonline.com works again, sorry for it, it was a stupid problem of myself but heh, it works again so take a look at it and tell me what you think of it! :D
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Yeah, Dosgamesonline has a lot of original games not found at dosgames.com or dosgamesarchive.com . I see you added a list by category option (or just made it more available?) which will make browsing your site a LOT easier.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Yet it is somewhat annoying that you have to click on every single game you want to view. In that Dosgames.com takes the win!

...there was fun."

johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

I like! The pinstripes are different. Maybe not so dark? Say a 50-60% density? Especially good for US is the forum link is near the top, so no scroll. Pass the cookies and donuts. :thumbsup:
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

[DGO] Joris wrote:The URL www.dosgamesonline.com works again, sorry for it, it was a stupid problem of myself but heh, it works again so take a look at it and tell me what you think of it! :D
sorry,but it doesn't look like!well my browser won't open it!it says "server not found" :cry: :cry: !
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Works for me...
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Dunno what's going on then!?
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?