DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPU's with VESA support?

thatguy96

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:33 am     Post subject: GPU's with VESA support? Reply with quote

Does anybody have a list of cardsets whos drivers support VESA graphics in DOS? It seems to be the stumbling block to getting a good many "more recent" games to work in XP.

Microsoft was apparently too lazy or further trying to kill DOS and XP itself has no VESA support in DOS, leaving it completely to the GPU. I was wondering if anybody knows of a GeForce MX2 or MX4 comparable cardset that has drivers that have such support.

Thx in advance.
jmmijo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:08 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well SciTech offered the Display Doctor software to make your graphics card VESA compliant. They have a list of supported Chipsets/GPU's however since they stopped developing it there may not be any suppor for any new GPU's Sad
Interon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:30 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all video cards made after 1993 are VESA-compliant. I suppose it's entirely the software's fault that VESA functions cannot be accessed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games