DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Recording Tips of the Known Universe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music

Do you make or copy your own music or collections to PC?
Yes. And I've archived some great stuff no one else has.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No. It's too easy to leach others.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not yet. I came here to see how others do it.
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:42 am     Post subject: Music Recording Tips of the Known Universe Reply with quote

I'm always interested in other's archiving systems for old tech. Note this is not about piratin' of the net, a somewhat different topic. It's about recording decent quality sound from any in-house source to PC storage.

So give us your shiny: What's your music set up? Describe the hardware (sterio system, mics, wiring, recording computer, etc.) and software? Describe your editting proceedures. Are you mixing to WAV or going straight to mp3? Sample rates? Final resulting quality (are you getting 20hz-20khz for instance)? Pop and scratch supression? Clipping points?

But note there IS a possibility vinyl will out last all electronic media, properly stored. For example I have several ~100 year-old 78 rpm albums. Cool

Last edited by johpower on Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you mean. You mean copying the music from a CD to your PC? Or do you mean making music myself?

We have a Synthesizer keyboard, a Midi synthesize module and a Macintosh with Studio Vision Pro. in it. That's how I compose. Then we have some Minidisc machines to record the music. Actually we have a lot of mixers and the like, but not they all fit into this small room at once...
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:41 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty clear: as wide a field as possible. Mic to PC, vinyl to PC, RtR tape to PC, remote PC to PC recording.... everthing but dully slurping an MP3 off the net and plopping it into the hard drive.
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

vinyl, audio-in, cool edit 2000, .wav, cd.

Tbbbbbth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games