Mario

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
gatorfan992001

Mario

Post by gatorfan992001 »

I get to a big jump on the first level and can't make it can anyone help.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Run?
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
gatorfan992001

Mario

Post by gatorfan992001 »

I've tried and either its my pc or the game but i get about half way then fall.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Ha`

Post by Wally »

you have to jump on the fish!!!

:D :D
gatorfan992001

mario

Post by gatorfan992001 »

I still can't do it so I guess i'll have to give up. thanks anyways.
Wally

welll

Post by Wally »

Jump on the fish as they are jumping out of the water

I did it and succeeded :no:
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

There are several ways & I've tried them all:
1. Do a running jump. (If you don't like fish to block you, you could always shoot them. However, this is not necessary) :D
2. Jump on the fish. (as wally4000 mentioned)
3. Use an alternate route through the pipe if you really decided to give up, going by this path.
gatorfan992001

Mario

Post by gatorfan992001 »

I only know of two pipes that you can go down on. the one at the beginning next to the fire flower and the one just before the jump. am i missing one and where is it?
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Hold down [alt] or was it [shift] to run! Though I hope you cet thru the castle, since my Mario kinda 'tilts' there. There should be a koopa waiting for me, but there's none. There's something wrong with my Mario. :cry:
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

gatorfan992001, I went to relook at level one, and saw that you were talking about the second fish pond (ie. the big pond with the 2 fish). I was wrong there is no alternative route. Thus you would only have the first 2 options that I mentioned previously, do a running jump or jump on the fishes in order to cross the pond.

1. If you want to do a running jump, it is best to shoot the fishes first but you must have collected the fire flower already. To do a running jump, you need some space to run. Thus, go left to the nearest pipe on the left (that is as much space as you can go). Then press Ctrl and hold on to it. While holding onto Ctrl, press the right arrow and hold onto it also. When you are running near the edge of the pond, press Alt (to jump) and hold onto it while still holding onto the Ctrl and right arrow key. Thus you actually end up holding onto 3 keyboard buttons at the end. You may stop holding onto these buttons after your jump.

2. Alternatively, you can jump on the fishes by moving right and then jump (Alt) on the fish while holding on your right arrow to keep moving right. jumping on the fish may sometime may you jump higher. Depending how you land on the fish, you may or may not have to press the Alt button when you land on the fish.

Hope the above is easy for you to understand.

Lastly, try to enjoy level one. It has been my favourite level where you can find all sorts of interesting stuff like pink/green/blue mushrooms, fire flower, star power, unlimited points, invisble coins/bricks and a special brick. Let you explore the level to discover them yourself.

Just a hint to make you more interested, on some later levels, there is an alternative route that leads to an alternative exit to end the level so enjoy yourself playing the game and when you finish, you may decide to play again using alternative routes. :D
gatorfan992001

mario

Post by gatorfan992001 »

Thankyou for telling me how to super jump. i'm going to try it right now. thankyou again.
gatorfan992001

mario

Post by gatorfan992001 »

Thanks everyone i got past the first stage and now am on the 3rd. its a real fun game now.
Keero

How do you save?

Post by Keero »

I really enjoy this game so far, however I haven't been able to get very far, because I don't know how to save, so whenever I quit the game, I have to start over. Can someone please tell me how to save? Thanks in advance ^_^
Keero

Post by Keero »

Nevermind.. I found out you just have to finish a level :shame:
ashu

Post by ashu »

i m anable to clear stage 4, can anyone help?
Wally

Post by Wally »

you must have the beta version

can obtain the full version legally from http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/114

As the owner doesnt have it on his site anymore....
We cant download it