How is it that...

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].

How is it that...

Post by Guest »

How is it that Tyrian got a lower rating than two very crappy games (Astrofire,which has only set directions you can shoot and is very buggy & Cash Invaders, having crappy graphics and worse power ups and interface than Tyrian aaaaaaand both these games are years after Tyrian). Please tell me
Peace
:karate:
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Go Astrofire. I used to play that thing for hours. The last level, instead of rocks. There Barney Heads!!!

I think Dogbreath or Emmzee did those ratings. Anyway it's just a opinion. I hate tyrian :P and DG or Em thinks that way to. Good job!
Webmaster- <a href="http://www.dosgames.com/~bobo">Bobo's DOSGames</a>
^ Biggest Dos 3D Shooters site in the World! :)
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Over <b>100900</b> Downloads since 2004
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Emmzee did them soley... if I had, I would've given Tyrian a perfect score, it's that good. But this is most likely a matter of personal opinion, so it's probably not going to change soon.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Thanks Sparky.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Yup, all of the ratings on dosgames.com are done by me and are fairly arbitrary. ;) If I were to redo the entire site, I'd make it so users could add their own ratings/reviews of the games. That, however, would be an extremely massive project that I don't have the time or experience to undertake at the moment. I'm currently reworking one of my other sites, vgstores.com, to include stuff like user reviews, so hopefully with that experience I can start making some plans for the monumentous task of redoing dosgames.com sometime in the future ... :)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Better than nothin...

*Waitin' , waitin' waitin'...*
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Re: Thanks

Post by Dogbreath »

Anonymous wrote:Thanks Sparky.
Do you realize you're the first person in 6 years to call me that? Weird.

Anyhow, I will await the review script patiently... though when Z2 announced it was creating one, it took 10 months to "complete." ;) (Granted A; it is a very nice script and B; there was a lot of procrastination/ blatant laziness and it was written by a 16/17 year old... but still...)