zone66 mission 2

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
RamboBones

zone66 mission 2

Post by RamboBones »

Hey people,
I FINALLY after many years got zone66 working on my PC again, however I'm having a few problems.

....Okay people before you say this should be in the "Get Games To Work" forum the game works I'm just haveing a game play problem, if anyone thinks it should be moved then by all means move it....

Where was i.... are yes on mission 2 in the game after destroying all the targets I found something very odd. One of the targets that i'd nuked into oblivion still appeared on the radar, not to mention that the game hadn't told me that I'd beaten the level yet. So anyway I went back and dropped about 50 megabombs in this target, which on the screen was already toast, but even after all that it still said it was alive on the radar.

I should say that I don't have any of the 'cheat' options turned on and it does this every single time I play the game.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

p.s. a friend suggested to try my ships guns at shooting it but that didn't appear to work, neither did missles or any other type of bomb
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

May just be a bug.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Then it must be a really BIG pain in the *ss,since you cant complete the level!
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
RamboBones

Post by RamboBones »

I don't think it's a bug, because it's pretty bleeding obvious, like even the most basic beta testing of trying to beat the game would find it, and it happened every single time.

And yes if you want to know it IS a pain the in the ass. Even though I can just go onto the next mission I won't know what's happening in the story so it's pretty much pointless :(.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

perhaps its some sort of compatiblity issue.
RamboBones

Post by RamboBones »

That doesn't seem very likely. I'm wondering, I'm running the 4 bonus missions so maybe having them on is causing some problem with one of the previous missions :S.
clicky

Post by clicky »

:angel: how can i get this game again, i have it on disk but it doesn't work. can i download the original game from somewhere
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

shareware version i think is avaliable from my site www.wally4000.tk
Interon

Post by Interon »

Are the radar dots white, RamboBones or anyone who has the same problem?
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

:shifty: dunno I ain't got the game,ask rambobbones
Interon

Post by Interon »

I did, in that above post. Anyone (including RamboBones) who knows the answer (and has the same problem) is invited to post it.
batchy

Post by batchy »

i have the same problem, i played it on a 486 100mhz, the only dot left is white and mean a ground (not a building), it's near the bottom of the map
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

maybe itt si a bug,you tried to search for a patch?
Blueoriontiger

Post by Blueoriontiger »

It is. I know a guy who knows how to fix it. His e-mail is [email protected]. BTW, how did you get it work on your PC and what platform are you running.

Post by Guest »

It is impossible to beat mission 2 with the data provided with the game, and even desertgunstar's method shows it, we both switch map data for mission 2 with other map files... this give mission 2 a diferent set of targets to destroy, thus allowing one to complete the mission.