Help For Title Of An Old Game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
BlueCold

Help For Title Of An Old Game

Post by BlueCold »

Hi all gamers
There is this game around few years back that I came across but unfortunately do not know the name

The content is alien capturing human and the player is to save them, one side of the panel has a small square monitor showing blue dot and red dots denoting aliens and hostage whereabout

Can anyone help me for its name ??

Thanks in advance

Regards
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

hallowe'en harry or Alien Carnage perhaps?

Post by Guest »

Hi Wardrich

Thanks for your response

I have missed out one important content is that the game play is like we are in a maze, there are hostages everywhere and aliens everywhere

When we move forward, (the screen is like those Doom type can move all directions) ; we need to pay attention to the small square monitor at one corner of the screen which shows us the positions of the hostages and aliens so that we know where we going and expect what is coming, definitely VGA and sound is also real

When we move we are not seeing a person walking but like ;looking from one's eye and the screen moves with the direction press

That's all I can recall

Regards
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

D generation

Post by Wally »

Could this gamer be d generation???
BlueCold

Post by BlueCold »

What is D generation
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

i dont recall a map in DGEN tho. Dgen sounds fairly similar to this, but i dont think it is. but it isnt a FPS...
BlueCold

Post by BlueCold »

Ya you are right what are I am trying to say is FPS is what I recall for the game, you walk and if not careful the alien just appear in front of your screen
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

I'll go for my other method if I dont know what you're talking about:

Operation: Body count?

Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold?

Blake Stone: Planet strike?

Unreal Tournament 2003?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

do you remember the name "Moraff" in it anywhere? It sounds kinda like Moraff's Labrynth... which might i add is one HELL of a great game, even today...

-Richard-
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Meh, all Moraff games are a bit... querky. His DOS RPG's were great... simple, but EXTREMELY addictive. I remember playing World (the greatest game he ever wrote) and Dungeons of the Unforgiven for 3 hours every day when I was like 9... ah the memories...

Now he makes stupid windows puzzle games with none of the depth of his others. :(
BlueCold

Post by BlueCold »

Hi

Do you guys have good recommendation especially like Speed Kar Driving type where you got a small square monitor at a corner telling you where is your enemy and where is your targets (so be it hostages or flags or doors)

Must be something like that so that you will see the info shown in the small monitor and plan your move

Regards
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Dogbreath wrote:Meh, all Moraff games are a bit... querky. His DOS RPG's were great... simple, but EXTREMELY addictive. I remember playing World (the greatest game he ever wrote) and Dungeons of the Unforgiven for 3 hours every day when I was like 9... ah the memories...

Now he makes stupid windows puzzle games with none of the depth of his others. :(
i know, i still play world for hours... lol, but i agree, his windows games all blow... MoreSpheers? MoreJhong? stuf Moraff... lol. Try to find Stones, and Brdge, they are both hella addictive... i have them on a CD somewhere, i'll let ya know if i find it.
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

Thunderdog, I was thinking the same thing..with the Blakestone series. Although I don't remember hostages in the version I played..