Top Down DOS Spaceship Shooter, Defend Earth from Aliens

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Aftrbrnr

Top Down DOS Spaceship Shooter, Defend Earth from Aliens

Post by Aftrbrnr »

I'm looking for a early '90s top down space ship shooter. I thought it was an Apogee game, but going through their games list nothing matches what I am looking for.

What I do remember that maybe distinct is the intro and game over sequences. It starts with a news broadcast that has a real voice over, the anchorman mentioning how the Earth's environment is pretty much wrecked (I believe the game takes place in the near future). The broadcast is cut off by the alien invaders, who basically say they are going to destroy Earth. Also noteworthy for me is the game over screen, which is a background of a burning city and a bunch of text saying how the aliens have killed everyone on Earth, turning it extinct.

As for the game itself, while the story has you defending Earth all of the action takes place in space. I believe you make your way through the solar system heading out towards Pluto, with your ship receiving upgrades about half-way through, around Jupiter or Saturn at a space station.

The game play involves you fighting through waves, each of which consists of one level - if I recall the first episode consists of 100 levels. I should note I am not thinking of Kiloblaster.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Top Down DOS Spaceship Shooter, Defend Earth from Aliens

Post by MrFlibble »

Aftrbrnr wrote:What I do remember that maybe distinct is the intro and game over sequences. It starts with a news broadcast that has a real voice over, the anchorman mentioning how the Earth's environment is pretty much wrecked (I believe the game takes place in the near future). The broadcast is cut off by the alien invaders, who basically say they are going to destroy Earth. Also noteworthy for me is the game over screen, which is a background of a burning city and a bunch of text saying how the aliens have killed everyone on Earth, turning it extinct.
That would be Galactix.