DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pirates2 on xp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
katang

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:39 pm     Post subject: pirates2 on xp Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm trying to get pirates2 installed on my xp machine. I try to install it using the pirates2.bat program.
Its starts to take me throught the installation program and when I choose a directory it blows up and gives me the following message:

"please go to control panel to install and configure system components"
I tried the things listed on the web site, but they don't seem to work since it is a .bat file as opposed to a .exe.
Any help would be welcome.
Thanks.

Drew
Zerox12

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of things does it ask you to install. This information should be useful when tryiing to figure out the exact problem.
katang

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it asks for any specific files. That is part of the problem, I'm not sure what it wants me to do. Unless I'm just not seeing where it is asking for the specific files.

Drew
John The Ax

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:44 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Dosbox may work, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games