DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Rock (Full version) ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
zerohour

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:06 pm     Post subject: Rock (Full version) ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here so sorry if this has been asked before. Here is a video (not mine) of a game called Rock which as you will see from the video is a nice looking Boulderdash clone.

However the only version I have found is the shareware version.

Was there ever a full version. If so does anyone know where I can find a copy as I doubt the original owner is still trading in DOS games...

Anyway here's the video ... https://youtu.be/myveiXFd1hI
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:07 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try tracking down the original developer though, and ask if they'd consent to releasing the full deal as freeware.
Keetie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocks'n'Diamonds is like that. It says in the game:

If you know the game "Boulderdash" (Commodore C64) or "Emerald Mine"
(Amiga) or "Supaplex" (PC), you know what "ROCKS'N'DIAMONDS" is about.

A game for Unix/X11, DOS and Windows by Holger Schemel.
DOS port based on code by Guido Schulz.
(c) 1995-2000 by Holger Schemel.
zerohour

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I have played many of the clones including Supaplex, Roxx, Rocks and Diamonds and many others.

Rock was just a very nice fast moving, smooth scrolling version of the original. It really played well.

I am currently using GDash under Windows which seems good. There was a few other Boulderdash copies that were good for DOS but I forget them.

Tarquet (?)Boulderdash (based on Atari 800 version) was a good one but can't seem to find it as Martjens Boulderdash site(bd-fans.com?) for all it's available most of the files are undownloadable as no file hosting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1