DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

PC ~2k Walk on colored tiles the same color as yours[Solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Rtgvcdf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm     Post subject: PC ~2k Walk on colored tiles the same color as yours[Solved] Reply with quote

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it! The game is Jewel Chase. Screenshot:

A puzzle game I played a while ago, around the early 2000s, you play as a robber of some kind, and the objective is to get all the gems. The game is grid/tile based and each tile has one or more colors. You can walk to any tile that contains any of the same colors of the tile you're currently on. If the tile you're trying to walk to doesn't have the same color then you skip over it to the next tile that does. Multicolored tiles let you go to different colored tiles, as each color of the tile can match with other tiles with only one color.

I made a rough image of what I remember it looked like. It could have been less or more pixelly than this, but this shows the multicolored tiles easier than explaining it. The green and purple things are a player character and a competing robber (human vs AI only there was no multiplayer mode). All gems are obtainable using the multicolored tiles, similar in concept to stairs.
There are puzzle aspects with figuring out where to go and a timing aspect of getting the gems before the cpu can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1