Late-90s Windows platformer with multiple animal characters

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
aktor_shift2

Late-90s Windows platformer with multiple animal characters

Post by aktor_shift2 »

I believe this was actually a short series of games, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

The games involved the story of a few different animals - I think there was a frog, a lizard/dragon, and at least one other animal (I could be totally off about the species, but I feel like at least one was green...). Each animal was playable and I believe could be swapped out while playing, each with different skills to overcome obstacles (somewhat similar to The Lost Vikings). I believe each character also had a different jumping height & style.

The art was pretty basic and cartoony, but I think the plot was kind of dark? I remember each game or section of the game was broken into chapters, and one of them was titled something along the lines of "A Hot Time on the Town Tonight" where the characters had to traverse their flaming forest home.

I thiiiink I remember playing Star Wars: Yoda Stories and Dink Smallwood around this same time or a bit earlier, so that would place this in the mid- to late-nineties. I'm also almost certain they were freeware or shareware games.

If this rings bells for anyone, please let me know, it's driving me crazy and my google-fu is failing me for these!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm pretty sure the game is Blinky 3.
Maska
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Maska »

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 has two (3 with expansions) playable characters that have different abilities.

This is somewhat a long shot, as many things about the game could only vaguely be interpreted to match those you listed. I can't say yes or no about the plotwise things you mentioned.
Found my game. Thanks.