Collecting little creatures [Happyland Adventures]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
dvin97

Collecting little creatures [Happyland Adventures]

Post by dvin97 »

Hello everyone.

For years I've been trying to find a certain game that I'd been playing when I was little. I lost it, along with many other things, when my old computer broke down. I used to have Windows 2000 or 98, that's where I played it.

Anyway, I don't remember much so I'll try my best in describing it. I remember it was 2D, you could choose between two starting levels when you turned it on. The protagonist was, I think, a dog that walked on two back legs. He was light brown in color. Along the levels, the point of the game was to find and collect some little creatures. When you passed them, a sort of crickety noise could be heard and they'd start following you. And every new creature you'd find, it'd start following you until you reached the end of the level. I guess the point was to find and collect as many of those creatures as you could. Oh and I think it was time-restrained. After a while, you'd get a message across the screen saying "Hurry Up!".

That is all I remember. I think it wasn't a very well known game, thus I realize that my chances of finding it or anyone even knowing about it are slim. But this is my last resort. I'm really desperate to find it, as it has sentimental meaning to me.

Thanks in advance!
Keetie

Re: Old game with collecting little creatures

Post by Keetie »

dvin97 wrote:Hello everyone.

For years I've been trying to find a certain game that I'd been playing when I was little. I lost it, along with many other things, when my old computer broke down. I used to have Windows 2000 or 98, that's where I played it.

Anyway, I don't remember much so I'll try my best in describing it. I remember it was 2D, you could choose between two starting levels when you turned it on. The protagonist was, I think, a dog that walked on two back legs. He was light brown in color. Along the levels, the point of the game was to find and collect some little creatures. When you passed them, a sort of crickety noise could be heard and they'd start following you. And every new creature you'd find, it'd start following you until you reached the end of the level. I guess the point was to find and collect as many of those creatures as you could. Oh and I think it was time-restrained. After a while, you'd get a message across the screen saying "Hurry Up!".

That is all I remember. I think it wasn't a very well known game, thus I realize that my chances of finding it or anyone even knowing about it are slim. But this is my last resort. I'm really desperate to find it, as it has sentimental meaning to me.

Thanks in advance!
I suppose that it is Happyland Adventures, by Johan Peitz. Nice game, indeed with dog and creatures collecting and other things for extra points!
dvin97

Post by dvin97 »

That's it!!! You are my savior. I cannot thank you enough. I'm literally crying right now haha!

Bless you!