DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

3D First person Space exploration game [Noctis]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
cantrememberoldgame

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm     Post subject: 3D First person Space exploration game [Noctis] Reply with quote

-I downloaded from a 'freegames.com' type of website when I was really young in the early 2000's. Graphics seemed very MS-DOS looking.

-Very similar to No Man's Sky, every star, planet, thing you could see you could travel to and land on, but you couldn't move freely there, just the animation of the ship traveling their at warp speed would play.

-Your ship was a simple futuristic 3D cube, but like a near flattened/1 storied cube, with window covering most of each of wall inside the ship

-The interface and inside of ship was very minimalist, very beautiful and well thought of game for its time!

-You could walk freely inside the ship

-You could call upon other explorers in the game that I believe, would fix your ship or something? (was too young at the time to understand what was happening) you wouldn't meet the pilot of the ship face to face but just the ship would arrive and you could see it outside your window, and it was rectangular cube like your one and a light would emanate from their ship scanning/possibly re-energizing your ship or something and then it would take off. Was really amazing when it happened, really felt like you were alone traveling in space but their were people you could call upon, but only
while you were in space to my knowledge.

-When landing on a planet you could freely walk around, some planets were inhabited by lone puma, lioness looking entities that would just run in one direction, they wouldn't react to you, they were more just for you to look at.

-All of this you could do on this very old game! It was amazing for its time, very minimalistic , eerie and mysterious, infinite, no music, but there were sfx I believe.

Thank you!
cantrememberoldgame

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:46 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND IT!!!

THE GAME IS CALLED "NOCTIS"

YAY XD
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting game, thanks for letting us know!

Here's the obligatory MobyGames link:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/noctis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1