highlights for kids educational game?

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
xlordkarnagex

highlights for kids educational game?

Post by xlordkarnagex »

Anybody remember this? I think it was based on the highlights for kids magazine, possibly sold at book fairs in schools.

Anyway, it probably came on a CD and it was some sort of weird educational game with a bunch of minigames ranging from match the sailboats to helping a mad scientist with a potion, something about a house with all the lights out and having to explore it or help people inside, a bunch where you had to add up numbers or find hidden images.
One of them took place in a field another in a town, and one on a stage.

There was some sort of large puzzle on a billboard in the background with a train coming out of the right side of a mountain tunnel and you could board the train to do challenge mode (timed aggressively) and you would have to do say 3 or 5 events in order to go up 1 row of seats and eventually through the whole train.
Below that there was a beach area on one side and more of a jungle/forest area beside it, It may have been on a tropical beach of sorts and as you unlocked events you could free play them.

I got stuck on the puzzle where you had to match sailboats as you had like 1:30 to match 15 or 20 boats (it was much harder than it sounds) and was never able to complete the game.

Anybody know the one i am talking about? i made a thread on it a few years ago, but it never got ID'd, part of me really wants to finish it off and see the ending even if it does suck.