Mid-2000 computer game, red character with different guns

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
mhelten20

Mid-2000 computer game, red character with different guns

Post by mhelten20 »

I used to play a game on my brothers computer back in the early to mid 2000's. It was a side view game where you were a red character w/a helmet and stuff. I assume it was pretty poor graphics. You started with a pistol and right when you start you pick up a shotgun, as you go through levels you get a machine gun, nail gun, freeze gun, ray gun, rocket launcher, and I think some others. I don't know if every level had a boss but there were bosses, one was a big metal looking spider that jumped up and down. I think another boss was a blue guy that could fly around, he looked like the red guy but blue. the levels consisted of walking through the course shooting other guys similar to you, kind of like other side view games.
Any ideas?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

One of them Crusader games perhaps? Except they're not "side view".
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I'd guess something from Metroid series, but they were console/arcade only.
Mega Man had some PC incarnations, but he's blue.
Miscellaneous platformers from Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, Abuse, or older ones like Duke Nukem 2.

Any screenshots from any of those games look closer or further from your memories?

Here's the mobygames list of 1000+ windows sideview platformers, sorted by date
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/w ... ist-games/
mhelten20

Post by mhelten20 »

The graphics are like the old Nintendo Mario, where he’s all blocky. Because the levels are similar setup, and harder each time. Which also reminds me one of the levels has a spike wall that chases the screen and you have to complete the level quick enough or get skewered.