DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventure point and click similar to myst on Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
griff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:01 pm     Post subject: Adventure point and click similar to myst on Mac Reply with quote

I'm looking for this game which I think I played as a demo from a free Mac magazine cd from the late 90s

it was a 3d point and click adventure game similar to myst
I would have played it on an iMac g3, so Mac OS 9
I've trawled Mobygames and wikipedia with out luck. there was a similar game which I also played at the time which I've now found to be Return to Zork. its possible that return to Zork was on the same cd.
I reckon the time period must be 1993-1999, most likely 1994-6 from my memory of the graphics

I can clearly remember there being a house behind a locked gate. a note was on the gate and you could click it and read it. outside the gate was a well. in the bottom of the well was a key, you had to use a bucket on a rope to retrieve the key. once you had pulled the rope up you had to quickly move a rock onto the rope to hold it so you could take the key from the bucket. then you could open the gate and enter the house. I don't remember much from the house but there was a strange podium with buttons on. this is all I can remember.

many thanks
griff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally found it! Its called The Castle.
https://www.macintoshrepository.org/3940-the-castle

I searched through all the mac format cover disks on Macintosh repository and finally found it in the august 2000 CD. My memory served me well the link has the screenshots I could remember.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! And thanks for letting us know.

I hope you have fun and are able to play if you want to. If you need help, let us know or check with the forums on some of the mac sites. I've played with mac emulation, and MrFlibble had a cool "mac on windows with no emulator setup" tool called Executor that he describes in a thread on this site. Lots of options! But if it runs happily on your existing Mac, that's easiest, of course. Happy

Executor topic:
http://dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20542
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games