DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Parsifal [Solved]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:05 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Marconis, welcome to the forums! We will certainly appreciate any release of your games you may deem fit to make publicly available.
Sardonicus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:17 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, Mr Marconis. Why did you make a videogame for learning C++? So much graphic stuff to do. I'm learning C# myself.
Sardonicus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

So where's the game now? Shit-Eating Grin
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:51 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Nice to meet another developer.

Makes you feel strengthened to continue on when there seems no hope.

Thank you.
ctarbet

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 pm     Post subject: Re: Parsifal Reply with quote

marconis wrote:
Nemesis Zero II wrote:
Dear DOS-Friends,

I am looking for an old game called "Parsifal". It is a quite simple game. You are looking on a map, control your armies (knights, archers, etc.) kill monsters (especially dragons) and you have to find and collect 7 pieces of the holy grail.

Hey, I'm the author. I still have the source code (C++) and sprites and I think the shareware and collectable executables on a box at home. I can post or send you the "Collectors Edition" in a bit if you want. Happy

Glad that you enjoyed it.

There were female warriors that I called Elazons that only blocked and pushed. The wizard characters would turn anyone into bears. I thought the spiders and fellows who hid in the dark were nice. The Collectors Edition has a bunch of different maps. Created the sprites myself. It was an EGA graphic based. I made it as an exercise to learn C++.

I had another DOS game called Lunker that was challenging. You had to mine through a 3D asteroid with various monsters and treasures and limited food, energy, oxygen.

Mark

Hey Mark - did you ever share this game? I'd love to play it again and it seems to have disappeared from the world.
Hennie

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've never played this game nor even knew of its existence, yet the concept intrigues me, pieces of the Grail just lying around Laughing. Hopefully the developer is still around to share it, strange that he went quiet all of a sudden.
ctarbet

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:21 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been driving me crazy for years. I can only barely remember the game because I was too young to really understand what was going on.

I played it with AlleyCat and Kingdom of Kroz and Freddies Rescue Roundup. So nostalgia. Much wow.
ctarbet

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:04 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to hire a private detective to hunt down this game. I swear to Elazon.
Hennie

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good luck to him, the only mention of this game is on this lone forum, nothing more, it's pitch-black darkness beyond this single ray of light Meh
ctarbet

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how it came to be in my cousin's hands if it was such a small thing. Must have been some kind of shareware or something.
Hennie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is the case, chances are that it might have been part of a compilation disk or floppy. Small, obscure games are often added to shareware compilations, just to decrease costs (as opposed to a stand-alone release) and to increase chances of people trying it out. You think anything of this sort is possible?
ctarbet

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be. It's still like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
ctarbet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:31 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

ctarbet wrote:
I'm going to hire a private detective to hunt down this game. I swear to Elazon.
ctarbet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:26 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

ctarbet wrote:
Could be. It's still like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
ctarbet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 pm     Post subject: Re: Parsifal Reply with quote

Quote:
There were female warriors that I called Elazons that only blocked and pushed. The wizard characters would turn anyone into bears. I thought the spiders and fellows who hid in the dark were nice.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

ctarbet, just write something like "bump" or "I'm still looking for that game" to bump the thread. Random quotes from your earlier posts just look out of context and confusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2