Adventure game, start next to crashed space ship

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
PavelKrupets

Adventure game, start next to crashed space ship

Post by PavelKrupets »

Game was I think VGA 256 colors. You are in the 'city' next to crashed space ship (or at least that's how I remember). You can enter exit ship but that's as much as I remember (no idea why, crazy brain).

Would be really awesome if anybody can help me find the game! :)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Around what year did you play?

Off the top of my head, that description brings to mind games like the Space Quest series and The Kristal.

Was it an adventure game like Space Quest, or more a platformer, or even an RPG or something? Are there other games you know that had similar style play, or have you found screenshots (like on google images search or mobygames.com) that look somewhat similar? Any more details you can commuicate would help!
PavelKrupets

Post by PavelKrupets »

I think games qas from >1990 (maybe even somewhere around 1995). I am from USSR though and we got things with delay. Graphics was VGA and was 256 colors (flashback quality). At the beginning you can walk around the ship (or vehicle) and i think you can enter it. I think i was stuck on a couple of screens at the beginning of the game.

Sadly i dont remember much else. I am still trying to find image on google, but no luck so far. If i remember anything else i will post here.

Thank you.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Try Space Quest IV or Beneath a Steel Sky.

On a side note, the genre known as "quest" in Russian is generally called "adventure (game)" in English, so I fixed the topic title for ya. (Also no need to put stuff like "need help to find old game etc." in the topic title, there's a character limit and this does not add any useful information)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

MrFlibble wrote:the genre known as "quest" in Russian is generally called "adventure (game)" in English
That's cool, I didn't know that. Makes this (and other?) questions make a lot more sense! Nice info upgrade, thanks.
PavelKrupets

Post by PavelKrupets »

@MrFlibble. Thank you!

None of the games match so far. :(

You actually start game by playing next to a ship (vehicle) which is crashed (landed). I was stuck on this part for quite a while and that's why I think it's the only part of the game I can remember!

Graphics is similar to Space Quest IV or Beneath a Steel Sky.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Random guess: Guilty - starts out in a crashed spaceship.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/guilty
PavelKrupets

Post by PavelKrupets »

:(

Nope.

In that game ship / vehicle isn't operational (at least at first). You can enter it. There are computers in this ship. Don't remember if you can interact with them and in what way.

Checking images and you tube for "point and click adventure games" :)