DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PC][1998-2002] Cute 2D side-scrolling block digging game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
heinerkoenig

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:41 pm     Post subject: [PC][1998-2002] Cute 2D side-scrolling block digging game Reply with quote

Platform(s): PC (played on Windows 98/Me)

Genre: 2D side-scrolling block digging puzzle platformer

Estimated year of release: 1998-2002

Graphics/art style: Very cute with bright colors and cartoony design. The scenery (ground, walls and blocks) was drawn in 2D. Characters and enemies were animated in 3D.

Notable characters: You play as a cute and perhaps pink-colored rayman-esque creature that digs through blocks in any direction. I think there are some enemies like giant wasps or something.

Notable gameplay mechanics: Probably aimed for kids. You control this character using the arrow keys and you have to find the level's exit point, whilst digging through blocks with your hands (and probably earning points), finding items and avoiding enemies. The level design is extensive both left-right and up-down. When you dig through blocks, they make a cute sand-digging sound and leave an empty space where they were. Other SFX were cutesy as well.

BLOCKS THAT MAKE UP THE LEVELS: Diggable blocks (which look accordingly to the level's theme), solid blocks (ground/walls), stone blocks (which I think could move), ice blocks...

Other details: The level structure and colors should look something like this (sketched on paint): http://imgur.com/a/ufLnZ but with much better design, obviously.

I am convinced the name COULD be something similar to "Droble", "Gooble", "Booger", "Gobbler", "Bobler", "Blobber", "Dobbler"...

I'm also pretty sure of two level names: Circus and Aquarium.

SIMILAR GAMES (in gameplay and/or graphics): Boulder Dash, Bluppo, Mr. Driller, Digger, Full Bore
Jason_II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:23 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi heinerkoenig,

It sounds like "Load runner the legend returns", which I used to play in childhood, quite a lot of fun playing with a friend.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe one of the Boulder-dash type variants?
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/boulder-dash-variants

Or Mr Do / Digger / Dig-Dug style?
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/mr-do-variants
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games