DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Point & Click Maze game with Constellations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
metalgod88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 am     Post subject: Point & Click Maze game with Constellations Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm pretty sure it was a first person point and click adventure game.

The year was around 1999, but the game probably came out a year or two earlier.

I don't remember what OS my grandma was using, but I'm thinking the game came out on either Win 98 or XP.

I don't remember a lot in terms of gameplay. But I do remember being in a hedge maze, doing something with constellations, and specifically remember the constellations having something to do with the animals they're associated with. I think I was searching for items like an Ankh for example, but again, it's very difficult to remember even this much.

I have been trying to figure out what game this was for years now, so any help is very much appreciated. I'm sorry I don't have a lot to go off of, but I really hope someone out there knows what game this was.

Thank you!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 am     Post subject: Re: Point & Click Maze game with Constellations Reply with quote

metalgod88 wrote:
I don't remember a lot in terms of gameplay. But I do remember being in a hedge maze, doing something with constellations, and specifically remember the constellations having something to do with the animals they're associated with. I think I was searching for items like an Ankh for example, but again, it's very difficult to remember even this much.

All this sounds vaguely familiar but I can't pinpoint the exact game this could refer to. Try Realms of the Haunting or maybe Alone in the Dark 2. Probably none of these but I don't have better guesses right now.
metalgod88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:01 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some more research and I'm definitely sure it's a game similar to the Myst series. It seemed to be an adventure puzzle game but I specifically remember stones with animals on them and them having something to do with constellations.

It wasn't horror related(good guess with the hedge maze from AitD2 though!).

Graphically, it's similar to Myst or Timelapse. I thought Timelapse may have been it, but didn't find was looking for in an entire playthrough i watched Sad

I hope someone can pull this one out of a hat.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:50 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe on the Adventure Puzzle-Solving list with Myst? (sorted by date)
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/adventure/puzzle-solving/1st-person/offset,1000/so,1d/list-games/

Possibly one of the graphical zorks?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/zork-grand-inquisitor
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/zork-nemesis-the-forbidden-lands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games