Pre-2007, female protag, futuristic shooter [Heavy Metal]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
slashnyaoi

Pre-2007, female protag, futuristic shooter [Heavy Metal]

Post by slashnyaoi »

Pre-2007 video game I can't remember. I played the demo - you were a female protagonist, set in a future fantasy-like world.

It was open world, and I remember temples and lots of greenery. At one point after the tutorial, you can drop in the sewers and fight a large monster. The water textures were pretty awesome for the time.
A giant monster then charges at you and you have to jump and grab bars on the ceiling to doge.

You have a large gun to fight, I want to say an energy weapon.

I want to say the character you played had dark hair and red clothes, but I'm not 100% on that. I also think they're may have been a portal/teleportation fast travel system??

Any ideas?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

PC or console?
Just to try to narrow in on graphics or such, how does your memory of graphics compare to games like Perfect Dark Zero, Heavenly Sword, the more recent Golden Axe reboot, or Laura Croft/Tomb Raiders from around the time?

MobyGames should have screenshots if you want.
:D
slashnyaoi

Post by slashnyaoi »

Quadko wrote:PC or console?
Just to try to narrow in on graphics or such, how does your memory of graphics compare to games like Perfect Dark Zero, Heavenly Sword, the more recent Golden Axe reboot, or Laura Croft/Tomb Raiders from around the time?

http://www.Mobygames.comn should have screenshots if you want.
:D
PC, and see I thought the graphics where pretty amazing, but that could be because of what was expected at the time...so that's hard for me to say 100%
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

slashnyaoi

Post by slashnyaoi »

MrFlibble wrote:Sounds like Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K. 2.
That's it! wow, I was off on some parts. This was a game my uncle used to play while I watched back when I was 13. good memories!!