DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orda: Severnyi Veter / Horde: The Northern Wind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
chanfort

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the whole interview with Google Translate help as well as comments. Looks very interesting. I was previously searching for articles about Horde which would be written in English but I guess there is much more in Russian.

Anyways, they mentioning that there were created 7639 sprites, so I guess that's where units are Happy . If you find that other interview, post it. Thought could be good to collect all info at some point from the web about this game but could be a bit challenging Happy
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:13 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I kept track of the sources, although admittedly I didn't find a lot of stuff anyway. There wasn't a lot of publicity for this game, it was branded as "Russian Warcraft" and being released in 1999, it was aready quite a bit dated by that time's standards. 7th Bit Labs dissolved soon after the release of Horde II, and its successor Antitank developed one title, Talisman (an RPG in a medieval fantasy setting based on Slavic folklore), and then also shut down as far as I know.

That is to say, there wasn't enough interest in Horde in the first place to generate a lot of interviews of other materials like that.
djsys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:44 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can find good sounds here https://www.lucidsamples.com/free-sample-packs/181-free-sound-effects-sfx-pack.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Free Windows games