DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old PC Demo Shareware (Packard Bell) 1999-2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
FistinPenguin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am     Post subject: Old PC Demo Shareware (Packard Bell) 1999-2003 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for a demo cd that I used to play a lot when I was little. I used to play it on a Windows 95. It is possible the disc was in partly in Dutch, but I am not sure.
Some games I already found or still remeber (Santa Slayer, Recoil, Putt Putt Travels Through Time) but I will give some short descriptions on the other games I can remember:

* A sort of medieval themed game where you needed to traverse a maze with monsters. In the demo you could play with 2 players but in the full game I believe it was up to 6 players. It had a top-down perspective and the background was mostly dark and brown. There were some collectibles in the game that were like bright green and bright purple.
FOUND (GET MEDIEVAL) !!!

* Another Santa based game. It was a simple point-and-click game that I never really understood. There was a part where you needed to find santa's lost bag in a cave (and also a key or something like that). I also remember that in a part of his house there was a sort of machine that you needed to fix.

* A platformer game where at the beginning of each level there would spawn some monsters you needed to kill. You killed them by first jumping underneath the platform where they are standing on so they would fall over, and then go kick them from the platform before they stand back up. I remember the final boss of the stage (it was like a swamp based setting) threw tiny monsters at you which you had to dodge. I think the platforms themselves were dark blue and made of cells that would bulge up whenever you hit it. It weren't like levels you could explore (like Mario) but it were static levels.

This is about everything I can remember about the games on it. The disc didn't only had games, but also had some more technical programs (don't ask me which, i only know there was a part of the disc that said tools). All the other games were categorized into groups, like holiday-themed games, platformers, ... The cd was probably made by Packard Bell.

I also know the disc was maroon colored.

If someone could help me out with finding one of those games, or maybe a copy of that disc, it would really mean a lot to me. I've been looking for it for ages on the internet, and my dad said he threw out those cd's a long time ago.

Last edited by FistinPenguin on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be helpful if you split the different games into individual threads. We don't mind; we much prefer it so they can be easily discussed individually. Then you can edit this post down to just the first game. Shit-Eating Grin
--

On that first one, sounds like a Gauntlet clone, maybe Get Medieval?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/get-medieval

Or Mageslayer?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/mageslayer
FistinPenguin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:41 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I didn't split up the games was becausi I'm sure there were other games I liked and I would love to have a list of all of them. I already tried contacting the manufacturer but haven't received any response.

The first game was actually Get Medieval. Thanks a lot! I'll edit the first post.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I was being polite. Site rules & posting guidelines say one game per post. Please to be splitting the games out. An admin may lock the thread otherwise. Wink
--
Glad that was the first one! Hope we have similar success with the rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games