DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unknown Year: Fantasy Game RPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Nausical

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 pm     Post subject: Unknown Year: Fantasy Game RPG Reply with quote

Been searching for this game for a year now, finally decided to get some help from the professionals.

The information is fuzzy since I played it at a young age, but here is what I've got so far.

Console System:
It could be any of the following systems.

Computer, Gamecube, N64, NES two player system.

Probably not Gameboy...

Game:
I remember most of the game being in a top down-ish orientation.

The basic premise is about going out into a world with a party to collect "dew drops" or "tears" to bring back and replenish the towns supply in order to keep a shield around the town up.

You would traverse an over-world with predetermined paths and from there select levels to go into, each level would fill up your "tear vessel(?)" by one upon completion of the level. Then after a certain number of collected "tears/dew drops" you returned to give them to the town which would be safe for another year or w/e.

There were bosses every three levels or so.
I think the combat was turn based, but can't remember 100%.
I did not get very far into it as I played it when I was young.

The Following Might Be Incorrect Info Based On My Baby Memory.

I feel like when I rented it from blockbuster, it came in a Final Fantasy box, but no one who is a fan of Final Fantasy that I have asked ever knows what I'm talking about. Which may have confused me. Confuzzled

The graphics were pretty sharp and detailed, so it wasn't a terribly old game.

Please help if you're able. <3

Last edited by Nausical on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:25 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Searches keep finding Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I feel like I've read long descriptions or review of this game but haven't played it. Maybe try EarthBound or Chrono Trigger? Or the rest of the EarthBound series: Mother I & III?

What I recall is something like the village depends on the lake to survive, but it is drying up. The hero goes questing to fix it, first bringing water back ("Tears" sound familiar for some reason) then defeating the demon who's causing it all. JRPG? Environment/nature focused game?
Nausical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not Zelda or earthbound for sure. Don't think it is Chrono trigger either.

Either a lake or large chalice. It did have an environmental kind of feel.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:31 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono Trigger was a very long shot, unless the time-travel solution was to go back and stop the lake from draining or something. I think it's probably that I read the Boss Fight Books books about those two games around the same time as I read about the one I'm remembering - which might be the wrong game anyway!

Hm, "Chalice" is interesting. Probably totally wrong given the screenshots and platform, but that pulls up Azrael's Tear, searching for the Holy Grail in 3D: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/azraels-tear

Are there any games or screenshots that look similar to your memory? Was it 3D "top-down-ish" like many modern games or more 2D like Arc the Lad? Do you recall around the year you played?
Nausical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

It was high fantasy, like wizard, fighter, archer... I think it was 3D, again memory is kinda fuzzy.

I must have played it sometime around 2000-2006. That is just a guess though.
Nausical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a new game called "ever-oasis."

Dunno about game play, but the visual of the big tree thing and the concept of supporting a single "oasis" or town seems close to what I'm remembering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ever_Oasis_Announcement_Banner.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games