Parsifal [Solved]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Mr. Marconis, welcome to the forums! We will certainly appreciate any release of your games you may deem fit to make publicly available.
Sardonicus

Post by Sardonicus »

That's awesome, Mr Marconis. Why did you make a videogame for learning C++? So much graphic stuff to do. I'm learning C# myself.
Sardonicus

Post by Sardonicus »

So where's the game now? :D
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Nice to meet another developer.

Makes you feel strengthened to continue on when there seems no hope.

Thank you.
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
ctarbet

Re: Parsifal

Post by ctarbet »

marconis wrote:
Nemesis Zero II wrote:Dear DOS-Friends,

I am looking for an old game called "Parsifal". It is a quite simple game. You are looking on a map, control your armies (knights, archers, etc.) kill monsters (especially dragons) and you have to find and collect 7 pieces of the holy grail.
Hey, I'm the author. I still have the source code (C++) and sprites and I think the shareware and collectable executables on a box at home. I can post or send you the "Collectors Edition" in a bit if you want. :)

Glad that you enjoyed it.

There were female warriors that I called Elazons that only blocked and pushed. The wizard characters would turn anyone into bears. I thought the spiders and fellows who hid in the dark were nice. The Collectors Edition has a bunch of different maps. Created the sprites myself. It was an EGA graphic based. I made it as an exercise to learn C++.

I had another DOS game called Lunker that was challenging. You had to mine through a 3D asteroid with various monsters and treasures and limited food, energy, oxygen.

Mark
Hey Mark - did you ever share this game? I'd love to play it again and it seems to have disappeared from the world.
Hennie

Post by Hennie »

Personally, I've never played this game nor even knew of its existence, yet the concept intrigues me, pieces of the Grail just lying around :laugh:. Hopefully the developer is still around to share it, strange that he went quiet all of a sudden.
ctarbet

Post by ctarbet »

It has been driving me crazy for years. I can only barely remember the game because I was too young to really understand what was going on.

I played it with AlleyCat and Kingdom of Kroz and Freddies Rescue Roundup. So nostalgia. Much wow.
ctarbet

Post by ctarbet »

I'm going to hire a private detective to hunt down this game. I swear to Elazon.
Hennie

Post by Hennie »

Well, good luck to him, the only mention of this game is on this lone forum, nothing more, it's pitch-black darkness beyond this single ray of light :blah:
ctarbet

Post by ctarbet »

I have no idea how it came to be in my cousin's hands if it was such a small thing. Must have been some kind of shareware or something.
Hennie

Post by Hennie »

If that is the case, chances are that it might have been part of a compilation disk or floppy. Small, obscure games are often added to shareware compilations, just to decrease costs (as opposed to a stand-alone release) and to increase chances of people trying it out. You think anything of this sort is possible?
ctarbet

Post by ctarbet »

Could be. It's still like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
ctarbet

Post by ctarbet »

ctarbet wrote:I'm going to hire a private detective to hunt down this game. I swear to Elazon.
ctarbet

Post by ctarbet »

ctarbet wrote:Could be. It's still like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
ctarbet

Re: Parsifal

Post by ctarbet »

There were female warriors that I called Elazons that only blocked and pushed. The wizard characters would turn anyone into bears. I thought the spiders and fellows who hid in the dark were nice.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

ctarbet, just write something like "bump" or "I'm still looking for that game" to bump the thread. Random quotes from your earlier posts just look out of context and confusing.
Uka

Parsifal [Solved]

Post by Uka »

Hi everyone!
I have registered here just to tell that I have bought and recovered this game :)

It is very nice indeed, although it is a Shareware version - and Mark has promised to share the registered 'Collector's edition' with five maps instead of one... It seems that he still had not shared it since 2014? Well, my version will be hosted on Old-Games (dot) ru site in a few days.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Parsifal [Solved]

Post by MrFlibble »

Welcome to the forums!