Recent Military Shooter PC

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
esuliad123

Recent Military Shooter PC

Post by esuliad123 »

What platform did you play this game on?: Windows PC
What year(s) did you play this game in?: 2005+?
What was the genre of the game?: Military, Shooter, Action, Windows
Were the graphics 2D or 3D?: 3D. Its not polygon-y The graphics are like CoD:MW and above

What was the plot (if any) and the setting of the game?: Modern Military Setting
What was the perspective of the game (first-person, third person, bird's eye view etc.)?: Its either Third Person or First Person

If there was a main character (or characters), was he/she/it visible? What did the (main) character(s) look like?: No idea

What did the monsters (if any) look like?: They are shooting humans. People of different nation

What were the objectives in the game? Did you have to fight, collect resources, find weapons, solve puzzles?: Shoot Enemies to complete objective, move from point A to point B

Did the game time flow realistically, or did the player have to act on a turn-based basis?: Realistic Time Flow

I played this game in a PC rental shop so I don't exactly remember other details. However it is a Military Modern Shooter of some kind.
The 'Leader' of your faction, 'Commander' of sort was a bit of an ass. Not because he is bossy or acts like a douche. In a way that it is clear that this person is aiding the enemy in some way. As if the developers way of saying. Don't trust this dude.
The decisions he is making is counter productive in some ways.

I remember there is a Mission there that you'd be controlling a Helicopter Gunship, there are two Helis but you are only controlling one. You are the one piloting it as well with a female pilot. And you fly around green mountain, hilly range destroying stinger sites. I can't remember if they are fighting Taliban, terrorist looking people or some other nation military.

The helicopter mission is important to make note of because after destroying the targets, you revert back to your original male soldier dude to conduct the rest of the mission on the ground. Near the end of the mission, Your squad would be trapped at the foot of a hill, with enemies pouring from the top and going towards you. You have to hold your ground while hiding inside numerous shacks. Destructible Environment makes short work of the shacks, at the last minute, the heli you were controlling earlier would come and save you.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Hmm...not sure.

The Operation Flashpoint series and its follow-up ArmA I/II came out at that time.
Some of the ArmA single-player missions had heli's I think.

Some Tom Clancy - Rainbow Six & Ghost Recon games were from the same time, but they were mostly ground based CQB's, I don't recall flying helis.

Then there is 'Stealth Combat' which is a shooter with all kinds of vehicles, including helicopters. I never played it though.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Your description somewhat reminded me of Battlefield 3, a game I haven't played myself but read a detailed review of. It certainly has a modern setting and there's occasional switching between characters, as well as missions where you pilot aircraft.

If this is not your game try checking out the other games in the series.
esuliad123

Post by esuliad123 »

Thanks for the replies, However it would take me a while to download and verify the answers for but so far I think this is a decent start :P
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Quickest would be to look at screenshots at Mobygames, or find videos on youtube.
cristy_maxspeed

Post by cristy_maxspeed »

Medal of Honor (2010)?
According to Wikipedia: "in contrast to his commanding officer, General Flagg, who works in an office in the United States and is ignorant of the AFO teams' role in the operation"
Talibans were also a subject of controversy.