DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

MythMaster: A Vagabonds Adventure - Help - Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips
MythMaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:56 pm     Post subject: MythMaster: A Vagabonds Adventure - Help - Please Reply with quote

I have come here looking for some help/assistance

There is this game that has been plaguing me for about six years, ever since I first played it, it is called MythMaster: A Vagabonds Adventure, an old Shareware DOS game. I am unable to proceed and complete this game, I have no idea where to go next, and no walkthroughs, tutorials or advice exist on the internet that I can find.

Please, if anyone here knows how to complete this game, or get a higher score than I currently have, that would be most appreciated.

Kinds Regards.
jadeyuy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm     Post subject: SERIOUSLY?? Reply with quote

I can't believe there is someone else! I have been looking for help for like 8 years! If someone can't help us, maybe we can at least compare notes!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:37 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only tell I played a few screens just to get the idea what the game looks like (found it on one of cd.textfiles.com CD's). It's indeed very obscure.
Piotr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I did finish this game.

I took me about 7-10 years to do it.
I got stuck (It was only one object missing!), but finally made it!
In a few days Ill post my walkthrough on my blog.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Now that's quite the decent lengthed game. 40 hour game? Pbbbt. How about a 20,000 hour game! Joking

Please do post the link when you get it up, I'd love to see the review and details. Happy
Piotr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadko wrote:
Quote:

Now that's quite the decent lengthed game. 40 hour game? Pbbbt. How about a 20,000 hour game! Joking

Please do post the link when you get it up, I'd love to see the review and details. Happy

Of course not all the time, but rather: play some, rest few years/months, then play again. Happy
It was all about 200-300 of playing time.

Maybe more than 10 years from the first time to finishing it. I finished it in 8 IV 2012. Don't remember when I first play it. I could have got this game on some shareware CD (walnut something collection) in maybe 1998, don't remember.

Important thing! The game works under dosbox up to 0,73. It does not at all under 0,74!
Piotr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:22 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

My very short review with some screenshots.

https://piotrdiy.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/mythmaster-a-vagabonds-adventure-no-spoilers/
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks for posting the review link!

I'm pretty impressed by that programmer art, too. The Sierra Quest series usually avoided that "stand on the right pixel" problem, but I remember getting stuck even there with that problem - KQ IV in particular, beat it as a kid, replayed 10 years ago, but got stuck - and when I looked up help I yelled at it "I tried that! Many times!" but was 2 pixels out of position. Stupid deserted island. Wink

Please post the longer link when you get it finished, too! Nice work.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Well, all jokes aside. The games I see usually have nice graphics like this one. It looks great.

That is pretty awesome that a game took that long to finish. The longest I ever played a game was probably 2 years. It was Bard's Tale. It is a D&D type game. Different system of course, however, that was the longest I played any game if I actually played that long.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, now I recalled I only finished two games in my life: Bard's Tale (for the Commodore 64), and Pegasus (for the Amiga). However I loved both games when I was little. I was only 9 years old when I played Bard's Tale. The save game really helped ALOT. I got killed so many times that I had to pull up my last save haha. The Bard's Tale was a game of Might and Magic. I actually mapped every single dungeon and "felt" my way through the dark walls when I was that young. haha Scary however it was the coolest game I could ever remember.

Pegasus was about a flying Horse or something - I am vague on it. However I do vaguely remember finishing it when I was like 12 years old. I remember my mom calling me to eat all the time and I had to break after hours of playing that.

Thank you to all the cool programmers and producers for such a quality game (unlike mine) hehe
jadeyuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:46 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

When are we getting a walkthrough??
Piotr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'll try to write it in two weeks.

jadeyuy wrote:
Piotr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkthrough almost ready!

jadeyuy wrote:

Last edited by Piotr on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:11 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to whet our appetites! Looking forward to it. Happy
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Take your time.

Just be happy for the rest of your life. hehe
Piotr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:55 am     Post subject: walkthrough! Reply with quote

walkthrough!
https://piotrdiy.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/mythmaster-a-vagabonds-adventure-spoilers-walkthrough/
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:09 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1